What's the worst excuse for a loss?

Not MMA but David Haye getting his bruised little toe out after losing to Wlad was pretty pathetic .

Last edited:
i think this means hes gonna take the 30 day rematch claus and is trying to find a talking point to sell the fight. D we are here, we didnt go anywhere. dont need to try and save face

"My costume was too heavy" takes the cake.

pezao.jpg

UFC 160: ‘Bigfoot’ Silva posts photo evidence of 'illegal blows' to back of head from Cain Velasquez

That has to be the worst in MMA, but Wilder has the GOAT awful excuse.

TS, that's the old book. Grab the new one

ii6r0l4.jpg

Last edited:
I rated Wilder too. Fucking horrendous excuse.
agreed. That's just an embarrassing excuse. "My costume I wore for 10mins was too heavy".

Come on Deontay. That's really not the kind of thing a WARRIOR says.

Bisping claiming all his losses were due to steroids, sticks in my memory

Did he say that, verbatim; or is it just his take on the nature of PEDs in mma?

I very much doubt he ever said he lost 'cos steroids', but he has a legitimate complaint if alot of his opponents were on the juice and he wasn't.

Bis was alot of things, but an excuse maker, I think not.

Pretty sure he would say he lost fair and square to Vitor, but Vitor was a juicing mother fucker (which is illegal in mma and makes you way better with than without).

Not the same as making excuses.

I kinda feel bad for Wilder tbh, must be a shock after being undefeated for so long to get outclassed this badly.
Pretty much in denial that he's just not the boxer he thinks he is. But that power is godlike.

On topic: Conor's "my foot was a ballewn" takes the crown for worst excuse
But imo volume plays a part for the worst excuse-maker too so if we're talking about persons it's probably Rockhold/Diaz.
Yeah, was rough af for him.
Considering that his level of opposition besides Fury and Ortit was sub par though, it's ubderstandable that there has always been doubts about how good he really is.

I was surprised when i realized how few people outside of boxing fan circles knew that he fought lots of "bad" opponents.

Blaming your outfit is about as bad as it gets.

"My legs were shot because I wore a stupid looking 40 lbs costume to the ring"

At what point did he look in the mirror and think "I wanna dress up like Sauron for the biggest night of my life".

His coach didn't think to let him know it was a bad idea?
This all the way down to the Sauron comparison lol

“I wanna empower for black history month by dressing up like the boss/villain from middle earth”

{<jordan}

Roberto Duran in his third fight against Sugar Ray Leonard, saying that he lost because he was so hungry to beat Sugar he got afraid to kill him,

also I didn't see the "I was sick all week b4 the fight" and "I had problems during the weight cut"

Last edited:
Back