What's the worst excuse for a loss?

I read about this same excuse yesterday and thought someone actually put out a fake funny excuse for amusement.

It's like a headline you'd see in The Onion.

Get the fuck out of here Dontay. Charlie Zelanoff would be too embarrassed to try that one on.

Tim Sylvia after getting dominated by 45 year old Randy Couture for 5 rounds straight.

"I had an injury, I thought it would get better before the fight but it didnt". The crowd booed him so hard after that comment.

ZYBEAY6MCBDKZJLSG3GQ3HWWJY.jpg

He spent 40 000 on that excuse...

it looks like dumb kids 3d printed that mess...

Thread is hilarious.

So you go 70% against fucking Georges st. Pierre, the champion, one who doesn't have any easy paths to victory?

Johny, you are stupid for doing that and saying that.

That's one thing but this:

"Wilder fiercely criticised his assistant trainer, Mark Breland, for throwing in the towel."

Just makes him look like a total douche to me. Mark saved your bum life, you idiot.
<{hughesimpress}>

Deontay went on to say he will not be using Mark Breland in his next fights as a cornerman.
What a slap in the face, the 1 guy out of your YES MEN crew that cares about your health and you publicly out him in a negative light? Wilder and his team are trash.

Unless it's just a blatant lie, an excuse can still be somewhat "reasonable". It's still an excuse because you try to downplay your opponent's merit by implying that he took advantage instead of just winning fair and square, but at least it can make some sort of sense.

However, Wilder's excuse is of the worst kind. If we accept it, it makes him look even worse because it means that he purposely gassed himself before a really important fight just to pull off a silly entrance like he was in the WWE.

I can understand something like getting sick shortly before a fight, pushing forward then try to offer an "explanation" for the loss, but this case is just embarrassing.

Deontay just got demolished by a far superior man

He should stop crying and go back to fighting cans

After getting KTFO, "They stopped it because of a cut."

iu

Deontay Wilder gets credit for worse excuse. C'mon seriously.

I served in the USMC, avg carrying weight for a hike was over 80lbs (double what he wore). We didn't hike for a 5 minute walkout either, it was for miles, usually with drill and no one weighed 230+.
udkq8evopyjabup5e52d3d450438.jpg

I really wouldn't shit on fighters for pulling excuses.
They are not going into those fights 100% and they are closely matched so those injuries make a huge difference.
Tyson Fury had a lot of personal problems in the 1st fight and was robbed too. So Wilder, although I believe him that wearing that suit got him extra tired, doesn't have much of a case overall vs Fury who's shown to be the better man.

Just seen Wilder blame his walkout costume for the reason he lost. Hespect going quickly.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...mes-ring-walk-outfit-knockout-loss-tyson-fury
“He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is my uniform was way too heavy for me,” Wilder told Yahoo Sports. “I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight. In the third round, my legs were just shot all the way through. But I’m a warrior and people know that I’m a warrior.”

“A lot of people were telling me: ‘it looked like something was wrong with you.’ Something was, but when you’re in the ring you have to bluff a lot of things. I tried my best to do so. I knew I didn’t have the legs because of my uniform,” Wilder said.

5069.jpg

Obviously in MMA Conor has a massive book of excuses

Hlh4Wgz.jpg

who else? Whats the worst excuse you have ever heard?

what I always find extremely comical is when a fighter starts off by saying, "I'm not going to make any excuses" then preceeds to make excuses....the kings of excuses are big nog, tito..tito is legendary for his novel of excuses. but I have to say, Wilder's excuse of his outfit weighing 40lbs, has to be the worst excuse ever....guys in the army, literally run miles with 80lbs on their backs. this guy, walked 50 feet to the ring, with the 40lbs...guys routinely do farmer walks, with far more weight than that...this in no way should have gassed his legs out...that's not even a warmup for an athlete....

Aren't these guys supposed to be conditioned to go hard for multiple rounds?
How shitty is your cardio that you gassed out your legs just by walking to the ring with some extra weight.
I hope he's just using it as an excuse, because if he's actually telling the truth, he really needs to hit the gym and run some more laps. Goddamn.

A 230lb athlete, known for being a physical beast, can't carry 40lbs for ten minutes.

Get da fuck outa here.

They are not going into those fights 100% and they are closely matched so those injuries make a huge difference.
Tyson Fury had a lot of personal problems in the 1st fight and was robbed too. So Wilder, although I believe him that wearing that suit got him extra tired, doesn't have much of a case overall vs Fury who's shown to be the better man.

walking 50 feet with 40lbs on your back is NOT going to get you tired....do you realize that guys in the military go on runs, for miles, with heavy ass back packs on, that can weigh 80lbs...and they run for miles....all wilder did was walk to the ring...then the costume came off....his legs were weak, cause of the aggression from fury...

Nick Diaz saying he was poisoned before GSP fight.

Aldo's claim that he didn't lose because it wasn't a fight after losing to Conor..
Or Reems I didn't lose because he tapped.

But in terms of a solid body of work I'd say Conor, Big Nog, Hendricks, Cain and Ronda are the champs.

FWIW, that's not what Aldo said. It was well reported after the fight, it was a bad translation of what he said.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-interpretation-wrong-following-a6772301.html

Aldo actually said: “He threw a jab on my chest, I was already expecting that. When I went to attack him he hit me with a good cross and there is where he got me. I believe that after this fight we have to go for a rematch, it is not done yet. He got me with a good shot and was able to finish the fight.”

Rogan took to Twitter afterwards to apologise to Aldo, although he could not be blamed for the translator’s error.

“Thank you for the translation. My apologies to @josealdojunior for the confusion. Nothing but respect for Aldo,” wrote Rogan.

The thing is all fighters come in fights with something off to a degree. Maybe some fighters come in with something fucked up. If its so bad then they should cancel the fight. Losing and then reading everything out of Big Nog's book is just fucking cringe and a good way to lose fans.

Similar to when fighters have like 3 months to prepare and come in overweight. Like wut? You get paid to fucking diet and workout and you still fucked up.

Back