What's the problem with female MMA?

I see a lot of hate for it. Obviously women don't have the same physical gifts men have, but that is null and void when it's two women in there. What is the real reason a lot of you find it boring?

I'm not standing up for it, I'm genuinely curious. I fight and I learned a lot from watching fighters like Rose, Joanna, Holly Holm, Amanda etc... They are masters and technicians. What's the issue?

Looking for real discussion, if you want to hate and be a child/troll fuck off.

Inb4 the first poster that thinks they are funny with some bullshit.
Soccer is the most popular sport in the world and nobody watches women soccer, why?

The same reason other sports are less interesting when it's women competing compared to men: women aren't physically on the same level and in most cases aren't as good.

The WNBA is a prime example; the only reason it even gets aired is because it's tacked on to the NBA's television deal.

This is the objective adult answer. Sure there are some good fights and good fighters but why would I watch humans who are less physically skilled than their male counterparts ?

I don’t go to the local YMCA to watch men’s basketball. When I watch professional sports I want to see crazy skill and athleticism that 99% of the planet could never do. Women and slower and less powerful in general. Women’s boxing , WMMA, WNBA, hockey, football, etc are all inferior products. I will say women’s tennis and soccer isn’t bad but still not as good as men’s. Though I prefer women’s volleyball bc the men are just too powerful.

now WMMA fighters have heart and grit but not the speed and power except maybe Nunes.

Not enough talent. Some divisions are better than others and there are still a handful of WMMA fighters I would watch no matter who they fought (Nunes, Shev, JJ, Weili, Rose). Unfortunately there just aren't enough good WMMA fighters to make consistently good and competitive fights, yet.

At least nobody is using the "no money" argument considering how much of a draw Ronda Rousey was.

The same reason no one gives a crap about other women's sports, it doesn't compare to men's sports. It's an inferior segment of the card every time.

It's funny cause all the progressives (virtue signallers) claim it's just as good and hurl insults at anyone who doesn't like it; such as sexism, women hating, incel lol. Everyone becomes so defensive and become offended by everything nowadays, especially wmma fans.

Edit: want to add, I'm not referring to all wmma fans, I just find on fight days, some of the more irritating ones pop up, however I realise it's most days wmma gets bashed

Last edited:
And for the people who suggeste that the the divisions are shallow I agree besides 115 But heavy weight division is also shallow and have lots of shitty boring fights but people seems to ignore that and don’t spew hate at them

You lose credibility when you have fighters like Cindy Dandois. Generally WMMA feels like men's MMA in the early 2000s in terms of overall skills and talent pool
EasygoingCleverBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

88ab3b00-ba4e-11ea-be67-af0e8a751862

This Cindy hate that always comes up is the stupidest shit, and just shows how little effort people put into actually researching any of these fighters before talking nonsense. Cindy is a sub artist with 9 sub wins out of 16. She can't strike at all and she knows that.

You said WMMA loses credibility when you've got fighters like Cindy, so what about men's credibility when we had guys like Askren throwing hands? Go look at his striking. He looked worse than Cindy does in that gif you posted. Dude was throwing punches and tripping over his own feet as a result.

I see a lot of hate for it. Obviously women don't have the same physical gifts men have, but that is null and void when it's two women in there. What is the real reason a lot of you find it boring?

I'm not standing up for it, I'm genuinely curious. I fight and I learned a lot from watching fighters like Rose, Joanna, Holly Holm, Amanda etc... They are masters and technicians. What's the issue?

Looking for real discussion, if you want to hate and be a child/troll fuck off.

Inb4 the first poster that thinks they are funny with some bullshit.

the skill level is visibly different. My wife even hates wmma because she says they suck. I’m nicer than her. I respect their courage and some of them deliver. But the majority of wmma is just bad to watch. Little to no power. Poor grappling on the ground. Generally speaking. Reality is, the talent pool isn’t as deep so damn near any athletic woman who’s willing to fight will make it to the ufc. Makes for some good fights. But mostly duds.

The best woman loses to the worse male. It's simple, very simple, they don't belong on the same platform. You don't get to beg for equality and play the sex card at same time.
Ditch the gender separation and put them all in the same division. No? That's stupid? Ok, then keep them in their women's only org on another broadcast.

And for the people who suggeste that the the divisions are shallow I agree besides 115 But heavy weight division is also shallow and have lots of shitty boring fights but people seems to ignore that and don’t spew hate at them
All the female divisions have less fights per year than the men's divisions.

0ZPy9hZ.jpg

The only woman's division worth keeping is Strawweight, but the others have laughably poor depth and only exist because they're women (no men's division would exist if it could only provide 4-17 fights per year).

This Cindy hate that always comes up is the stupidest shit, and just shows how little effort people put into actually researching any of these fighters before talking nonsense. Cindy is a sub artist with 9 sub wins out of 16. She can't strike at all and she knows that.

You said WMMA loses credibility when you've got fighters like Cindy, so what about men's credibility when we had guys like Askren throwing hands? Go look at his striking. He looked worse than Cindy does in that gif you posted. Dude was throwing punches and tripping over his own feet as a result.
It's a matter of relativity; Askren represents maybe 3% of the fights at Welterweight, while Dandois would've represented 15% of the fights at Women's Bantamweight.

Ben is and always was a terrible athlete. Can't argue that and I was a huge fan dating back to his folk style wrestling days. You are also correct that I don't research female fighters. They lack ability as did Ben so I don't bother. Simply put they don't pass the eye test.

I think WMMA is a guilty pleasure for many of these posters. After all, if you truly hated something, would you comment on the subject?

I like that they’re switching it up a bit tho. Randa is about to fight a 12 year old boy

Most of them aren't very good.

Back