What's the problem with female MMA?

My personal problem with it is I am actually sexist a little bit, everyone is no one will admit it tho, there’s only like 3 women I look forward to watching Rose, Andrade, and Cyborg. The lack of power on a consistent basis and the amount of screaming after every strike makes for an annoying watch. Even if a chick fight is fucking amazing and outstanding to watch I have a hard time giving a shit.
Rose over Valentina? yikes

My personal problem with it is I am actually sexist a little bit, everyone is no one will admit it tho, there’s only like 3 women I look forward to watching Rose, Andrade, and Cyborg. The lack of power on a consistent basis and the amount of screaming after every strike makes for an annoying watch. Even if a chick fight is fucking amazing and outstanding to watch I have a hard time giving a shit.

You forgot the two best....Valentina and Nunes

women's soccer? that`s right,cuz they suck

you clearly havnt watched much womens soccer.

on a side note,

womens tennis is far better than mens tennis. longer rallies, far more enjoyable.

Womens cycling is better than mens cycling. Shorter stages, smaller teams so racing is far more aggressive and less controlled.

You lose credibility when you have fighters like Cindy Dandois. Generally WMMA feels like men's MMA in the early 2000s in terms of overall skills and talent pool
EasygoingCleverBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

88ab3b00-ba4e-11ea-be67-af0e8a751862

Men's MMA in the early 2000's was more or less 10 years old.
Women's MMA is about as old now and with women who have less physical gifts.
I have no idea what you want from these women.

Most of the time is not even an athleticism thing, they lack skill...even the so called GOAT Nunes is a flat footed striker who simply overpowers her opponents, and when that doesnt work, she lays on them for 4 rounds (GDR fight), i mean, she is better than the rest of her division, but that doesnt makes her skilled compared to mens MMA.

There are of course good examples of female fighters, but as a whole it probably belongs in invicta and only championship or top 5 fights should be in the UFC.
Dana was pretty much spot on about WMMA before he "fell in love" with Rousey.

(Timestamped)

The best woman loses to the worse male. It's simple, very simple, they don't belong on the same platform.

The mens 100m is faster than the womens 100m. The men's marathon is faster than the womens. The mens 200m freestyle, is faster than the womens. The mens long jump is further than the womens.

Are you suggesting that all female sports should be removed from the Olympics?

Rose over Valentina? yikes

i think rose’s striking is beautiful to watch. Valentinas fights are hit or miss for me. That carmouche fight is one of the worst fights I’ve seen in my life

you clearly havnt watched much womens soccer.

on a side note,

womens tennis is far better than mens tennis. longer rallies, far more enjoyable.

Womens cycling is better than mens cycling. Shorter stages, smaller teams so racing is far more aggressive and less controlled.
womens tennis is far better than mens tennis? you must be watching tennis for the wrong reasons i suppose and same applies for every sport you just mentioned

This kind of thread really brings out the angry, resentful, latent homosexuals of Sherdog, and there are so many.

I see a lot of hate for it. Obviously women don't have the same physical gifts men have, but that is null and void when it's two women in there. What is the real reason a lot of you find it boring?

I'm not standing up for it, I'm genuinely curious. I fight and I learned a lot from watching fighters like Rose, Joanna, Holly Holm, Amanda etc... They are masters and technicians. What's the issue?

Looking for real discussion, if you want to hate and be a child/troll fuck off.

Inb4 the first poster that thinks they are funny with some bullshit.
Holly should never be used to learn fighting from. Her style is horrendous. Same relative combinations. No killer instinct. She has probably the biggest size advantage in her division and runs around like an idiot trying to karate out point

I could find a jon Fitch highlight reel that make him look great. That’s the point of a highlight reel.

She looks great every fight and is one on the most entertaining fighters in the world. Dude your mental, seek help man.

Back