What's the Most Impressive Win In MMA History

Came here to say this.
Craziest fight I've ever seen.

It was so beautiful. Kongo showed a lot of heart and will in that fight. Crazy that Dan didn't stop it. Looked like Kongo was out on his feet more than once.

Dillashaw vs. Barao is up there.

Dilly came in on short notice against a guy who was considered one of the best if not the best on the planet. Barao was running through the division and really did look unstoppable at the time. Most betting sites had Barao anywhere between -800 to -1000. NOBODY had Dillashaw winning that fight.

TJ obliterated Barao and took his soul that night. He dominated him for the entire fight and still went for the kill and finished Barao in the 5th even though he could have easily cruised to a UD.

I'll never forget it.

Jones* and the UFC screwing the whole sports world out of a clean LHW champion.

Dana White and Jeff Novitzky are shite. Johnny Cochran called them “The Twins Of Deception”.

That’s a pretty big win for the cheaters of the world.

Twins Of Deception...

Dana-White-and-Jeff-Novitzky-Jon-Jones-scrum.jpg

Max Holloway coming off of a year layoff (injury in March, miss weight in april, health issues in july) then fighting the most dangerous contender who just KO'd Frankie Edgar + has insane BJJ.

giphy.gif

Max fucked him up so bad it was insane. Some of the best striking you'll see in the FW division if not the entire UFC
This came to my mind as well. Truly was a masterpiece i was scared for max beforehand but he looked incredible that night.

Khabib outstriking Conor and beating him so badly he did nothing the entire fight was pretty impressive.

I thought Conor would lose but the man got completely shut out.
Nothing special about having Conor on your list of fighters you besmirched. Canner is nothing special. Him dropping Conor was hilarious though with him fanboys going in full panic mode on Sherdog.

Your favorite fight? Or favorite ending to a fight? Gotta say the whole fight was mostly boring.
The entire fight had me on the edge of my seat. Far from boring imo. Sonnen was taking it to Silva the whole fight dropped him twice iirc. Can’t remember a fight that had me on edge the entire time like that.

Exactly. Great finish, but let's not lie and say it was a great performance by Spider. It was a great "moment" - which is fine.. he got the W
I don’t think anyone said it was great performance by Silva.

I don’t think anyone said it was great performance by Silva.
I guess I mistook you saying it was your "favorite fight ever" to mean it was one of the most impressive performances ever. I misunderstood my bad

Tj vs Barao you have a massive underdog dominating and finishing someone who was at the top of the p4p ranking at that time and ended barao's prime

Royce in the early days. A guy walking around at 175 beating down HW's with relative ease was astonishing. At the time, it was WAAAAY more impressive than any of it's predecessors. It dawned the sport, and catapulted BJJ to the forefront of martial arts.

If we are talking adversity within the fight:

Nogueira vs Sapp
Nogueira vs Cro Cop
Nogueira vs Sylvia
Sakuraba vs Smirnovas
Sakuraba vs Galesic

If we are talking big wins in extremely significant fights:

Igor Vovchanchyn vs Mark Kerr
Heath Herring vs Tom Erikson
Coleman vs Igor
Nog vs Coleman
Nog vs Sapp
Fedor vs Nog 2x
Nog vs Cro Cop
Nog vs Sergei
Barnett vs Nog
Nog vs Barnet
Fedor vs Arlovski
Werdum vs Fedor
JDS vs Cain
Cain vs JDS 2x
Werdum vs Cain
Randy vs Vitor 2x
Randy vs Chuck
Chuck vs Randy 2x
Rampage vs Chuck 2x
Wanderlei vs Rampage 2x
Shogun winning 05MWGP
Cro Cop winning 06OWGP
Hendo vs Bustamante 1
Anderson vs Sakurai
Anderson vs Franklin 2x
Anderson vs Hendo
Anderson vs Vitor
Penn vs Hughes 1
GSP vs Hughes 2
Hughes vs Penn 2
Penn vs Gomi
Penn vs Sherk
Aldo vs Mike Thomas Brown
Aldo vs Edgar 2x
Aldo vs Mendes 2x
Conor vs Aldo
Dillashaw vs Barao 2x
Cruz vs Dillashaw
Cejudo vs Demetrious
Cejudo vs Dillashaw

Fedor vs Werdum. I thought Werdum had about zero percent chance to win. I couldn't believe how the fight ended, it just seemed like a bad dream. Werdum's win against Cain was highly impressive too. He has the two most impressive wins in mma for me hence why I consider him the 2nd best HW ever after Fedor.

Max Holloway coming off of a year layoff (injury in March, miss weight in april, health issues in july) then fighting the most dangerous contender who just KO'd Frankie Edgar + has insane BJJ.

giphy.gif

Max fucked him up so bad it was insane. Some of the best striking you'll see in the FW division if not the entire UFC
Oh boy that was a good night. A clinic.

But my pick would be Jones vs Shogun. At the time it was huge.

...Cain vs JDS 2 and Silva vs Sonnen 1 are up there as well

If we are talking adversity within the fight:

Nogueira vs Sapp
Nogueira vs Cro Cop
Nogueira vs Sylvia
Sakuraba vs Smirnovas
Sakuraba vs Galesic

If we are talking big wins in extremely significant fights:

Igor Vovchanchyn vs Mark Kerr
Heath Herring vs Tom Erikson
Coleman vs Igor
Nog vs Coleman
Nog vs Sapp
Fedor vs Nog 2x
Nog vs Cro Cop
Nog vs Sergei
Barnett vs Nog
Nog vs Barnet
Fedor vs Arlovski
Werdum vs Fedor
JDS vs Cain
Cain vs JDS 2x
Werdum vs Cain
Randy vs Vitor 2x
Randy vs Chuck
Chuck vs Randy 2x
Rampage vs Chuck 2x
Wanderlei vs Rampage 2x
Shogun winning 05MWGP
Cro Cop winning 06OWGP
Hendo vs Bustamante 1
Anderson vs Sakurai
Anderson vs Franklin 2x
Anderson vs Hendo
Anderson vs Vitor
Penn vs Hughes 1
GSP vs Hughes 2
Hughes vs Penn 2
Penn vs Gomi
Penn vs Sherk
Aldo vs Mike Thomas Brown
Aldo vs Edgar 2x
Aldo vs Mendes 2x
Conor vs Aldo
Dillashaw vs Barao 2x
Cruz vs Dillashaw
Cejudo vs Demetrious
Cejudo vs Dillashaw
Your knowledge is amazing, but narrow it down for God's sake! haha good list brother.

I guess I mistook you saying it was your "favorite fight ever" to mean it was one of the most impressive performances ever. I misunderstood my bad
I also stated probably because there’s so many epic fights that have happened I’m sure my brain cannot recall some great fights. Rounds one through four Sonnen is whooping Silva(one of my favorite fighters) and Silva’s only chance to win was a Hail Mary in the fifth. He pulled it off and I was speechless, blown away. There’s only a handful of fights that have made me feel that way and I’ve been watching since 94.

I also stated probably because there’s so many epic fights that have happened I’m sure my brain cannot recall some great fights. Rounds one through four Sonnen is whooping Silva(one of my favorite fighters) and Silva’s only chance to win was a Hail Mary in the fifth. He pulled it off and I was speechless, blown away. There’s only a handful of fights that have made me feel that way and I’ve been watching since 94.
hey man, an impressive win is subjective. If you think that was one of the most impressive wins in MMA history, who am I to argue? It was legendary no doubt.

Back