What's the Most Impressive Win In MMA History

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Everyone has their own opinion but I value things like fighting through adversity instead of a quick KO (shout out to Conor's demolition of Aldo). Upsets are cool and all but I don't wanna include Serra/GSP etc...
I think Edgar/Maynard 2 is most impressive. After Frankie survived a freakish beat down in round 1... which I think would have been stopped if the fight happened today. Even though it was a "draw" Frankie still retained his belt so I'm counting it. My thread, my rules. If I must pick a fight that had a "winner" I think Kongo/Barry was the best display of heart and extremely impressive.

Tell me why my picks suck and let me know what the REAL answer is!

Last edited:
Matt-Serra-vs-GSP-Knockout-GIF-TKO.gif

Max Holloway coming off of a year layoff (injury in March, miss weight in april, health issues in july) then fighting the most dangerous contender who just KO'd Frankie Edgar + has insane BJJ.

giphy.gif

Max fucked him up so bad it was insane. Some of the best striking you'll see in the FW division if not the entire UFC

Big Nog against Crocop was the first that came to mind.

Kongo against Pat Barry.

Hammerfist of Doom.

If your talking "fighting through adversity" it has to be Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen 1

The fact that Sonnen was Roided to the gills.

The fact Chael actually dropped Anderson.

The belief that Anderson had an injured rib.

All the crap that Chael talked before hand. Literally unprecedented shit talking at the time, he even mentioned Silva's wife.

To come back in the 5th round with his legacy on the line, has to be the most impressive to me. It just wasn't his night through and through, and he STILL pulled through and finished the fight. This has to be #1 in UFC history atleast.

Last edited:
Nogueira vs Sapp.

Silva vs Sonnen 1. My favorite fight of all time probably.

Khabib outstriking Conor and beating him so badly he did nothing the entire fight was pretty impressive.

I thought Conor would lose but the man got completely shut out.

Nogueira vs Sapp.
Nogueira actually went unconscious from the power bomb that happened in the first 5 seconds of the fight.
He had no business winning that fight, but he did so the legend from it began.

Flying scissor heel hook. Chonan looked simultaneously delighted and bewildered.

Agree with everything posted so far. Where is Frankie anyway?

Your favorite fight? Or favorite ending to a fight? Gotta say the whole fight was mostly boring.
Exactly. Great finish, but let's not lie and say it was a great performance by Spider. It was a great "moment" - which is fine.. he got the W

Conor vs Aldo.

Knocking out an undefeated and dominant champion for a decade in record time in a title fight.

Jones dismantling Shogun was a spectacle too.

Forrest Griffin beating either Rampage or Shogun (both ranked #1 at the time) were probably the most impressive wins that come to mind. He was at a disadvantage in practically all areas but he just outworked them.

43 year old Randy Couture flawless victorying Tim Sylvia and manhandling Gonzaga (who had just killed Cro Cop) also come to mind. Randy's career is full of near unthinkable wins.

Darren Elkins coming back to head kick KO Mirsad Bektic after getting completely mauled for 2+ rounds. One of the GOAT comebacks IMO.

Cain ragdolling Lesnar during a time when Lesnar was so feared and looked at like about absolute specimen with a respected Wrestling pedigree. Cain literally changed the complection of Brocks entire career and how he was viewed in a matter of minutes, it was unbelievable.

Tony finishing Barboza after getting caught with every Barboza strike you can name. Typical Tony finish, it was special.

Darren Elkins coming back to head kick KO Mirsad Bektic after getting completely mauled for 2+ rounds. One of the GOAT comebacks IMO.

Cain ragdolling Lesnar during a time when Lesnar was so feared and looked at like about absolute specimen with a respected Wrestling pedigree. Cain literally changed the complection of Brocks entire career and how he was viewed in a matter of minutes, it was unbelievable.

Tony finishing Barboza after getting caught with every Barboza strike you can name. Typical Tony finish, it was special.
Cain/Brock was an excellent mention. Good call. Nice sig too <45>

Back