• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's the future of Trump's supporters and the Republican party?

This is the dumbest thing I've read today. What do you think sending troops into a country and attacking it's government is?

There was already a conflict and they picked a side to back with minimal resources, that's not the same as invading Iraq or Afghanistan.

And since you supposedly voted for Obama and oppose all foreign interventions, I'm waiting to see a list of your past quotes criticizing neocons like Pompeo, Cotton, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld and Bolton.

you realize not everyone was eligible for that right? you realize plenty of people left their jobs because of new demands and got nothing for it?

Of course not everyone got it. Just like not everyone got the CERB benefit over here. You had to qualify. My point is that there is this false narrative being pushed that all anyone in America ever got was a one time $1200 check to get them through, if they happened to lose their job because of COVID. Which is just ridiculous. Some people also believe that this new stimulus that is stalled at the moment is about another $1200 check.

It's just sad that so many people still believe that all the millions of newly unemployed people were asked to survive on a time $1200 check. There'd be another revolution underway if that were the case.

There was already a conflict and they picked a side to back with minimal resources, that's not the same as invading Iraq or Afghanistan.

You and I have very different definitions of "minimal resources". I don't consider billions of tax payer dollars minimal. Also a war not costing as much as Iraq doesn't mean its not a war. That's a pretty fucking high bar to set.

What even is your point? First you were arguing a war is not a war, now you're comparing them to larger wars and bringing up random neocons, like that's some kind of excuse.

And since you supposedly voted for Obama and oppose all foreign interventions, I'm waiting to see a list of your past quotes criticizing neocons like Pompeo, Cotton, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld and Bolton.

It takes pure partisanship to be engaging in whataboutism. The topic was Obama's foreign policy, so that is what I am criticizing. You are welcome to introduce a separate discussion on Bush or Trump's foreign policy.

Did you think deflecting to right wing necons would be some kind of gotcha? I'm a left winger who doesn't approve of any warmongering on either side, sorry to disappoint. You can look up whatever quotes you want. I'm on record that Trump is a warmonger and Bush is the worst president in my lifetime.

You on the other hand are a complete hypocrite. You're supposedly against neocons but rush to defend Obama for carrying on the Bush legacy.

You and I have very different definitions of "minimal resources". I don't consider billions of tax payer dollars minimal. Also a war not costing as much as Iraq doesn't mean its not a war. That's a pretty fucking high bar to set.

What even is your point? First you were arguing a war is not a war, now you're comparing them to larger wars and bringing up random neocons, like that's some kind of excuse.

It takes pure partisanship to be engaging in whataboutism. The topic was Obama's foreign policy, so that is what I am criticizing. You are welcome to introduce a separate discussion on Bush or Trump's foreign policy.

Did you think deflecting to right wing necons would be some kind of gotcha? I'm a left winger who doesn't approve of any warmongering on either side, sorry to disappoint. You can look up whatever quotes you want. I'm on record that Trump is a warmonger and Bush is the worst president in my lifetime.

You on the other hand are a complete hypocrite. You're supposedly against neocons but rush to defend Obama for carrying on the Bush legacy.

Obama inherited Bush's wars, but he didn't invade and occupy any countries.

I've always wondering if Trump will be the last Republican president. He was very blunt and charismatic and he got a lot of excitement from people. His 71 million votes still prove he has a following. But I can't see anyone else in the Republican party being that popular and bringing in new votes. I don't know, Republican party has a lot of work to do, though I assume Trump will try to run again in 4 years (I think that's possible).

Oh good god. If you don't recognize that the only reason Trump lost was because of covid-19 you're an idiot. I don't think any president would've been reelected in the middle of a pandemic/massive economic downturn. Fucking dems always do this. Count their chickens before they hatch and then four years later cry their eyes out and shout "how can this be!!!" It's not just Trump's base. Half the country carries different values than you do. It'll always be a coin toss.

We’re still here. We will never go away because Trump still has 4 more years. Keep dreaming, liberals.

b0ad4ef5a67db1c63dac25a2e1e900fc.gif

We’re still here. We will never go away because Trump still has 4 more years. Keep dreaming, liberals.

hiya pride_is_back,

if Mr. Trump somehow doesn't get four more years, what will you do then?

i mean, i know life will go on for you, but where will you deposit your political support?

behind Mr. Trump (assuming he announces that he will seek the Presidency again in 2024)?

behind the Republican Party?

behind the "conservatives" in the GOP?

behind whatever direction QAnon takes?

- IGIT

hio Hatorade,

like i said, in a 100 years, American citizens will probably be hard pressed to name anything in particular about the Trump Presidency. they may know he served one term. they may know impeachment hearings were conducted against him. folks may even recall he was a wealthy POTUS.

that's about it.

in a hundred years, there will be mediums that folks make use of that haven't yet been invented; the way we consume media (on a two dimensional screen) will probably seem primitive and barbaric.

stuff that seems relevant to you now (we have video of Trump!) will seem quaint in 2120.

- IGIT

Either way, I think he will be immortally remembered for the COVID pandemic. The history books will analyze his administration's actions (as well as those taken in other countries) and extract lessons learned so that history doesn't repeat itself again.

Either way, I think he will be immortally remembered for the COVID pandemic. The history books will analyze his administration's actions (as well as those taken in other countries) and extract lessons learned so that history doesn't repeat itself again.

hiya MeatheadMike,

maybe. i still sorta doubt it.

Mr. Reagan pretty much laughed his way through the dawn of the AIDS epidemic, and i don't get the sense that anyone remembers that.

i think folks have short memories. a hundred years from now, most Americans won't be able to cite more than one sentence (a short sentence) if asked about the Trump Presidency. it'll go something like this;

1) Nixon - watergate
2) Ford - nothing
3) Carter - maybe the hostage crises...nothing else
4) Reagan - end of the Cold War, maybe the fall of the Berlin Wall.
5) HW Bush - nothing
6) Clinton - Oral sex and impeachment hearings
7) W Bush - war and the Great Recession
8) Obama - America's first half white POTUS, and Obamacare (unless the ACA gets replaced in the next 20 or 30 years, in which case Americans might forget about it)
9) Trump - wealthy. possibly the impeachment hearings, but maybe not.

obviously wonks will know more, but i consider them outliers.

*ponders*

if you walked down the street and asked folks what they knew about Woodrow Wilson (a far more significant POTUS than Mr. Trump), i think you'd find yourself having very brief conversations.

- IGIT

Last edited:

Have you seen the numbers of other countries that "followed the science" lately?

I understand that America is supposed to be some supreme leader in these scenarios, but the fact of the matter is, nothing has worked. The key to stemming cases seems to be location related, and nothing to do with what "experts" are advising.

Trump is the only good Republican.

Which is probably why the Republicans would try to make sure he doesn't get the Republican Nomination in 2024, should he decide to run.

The two parties are all crooked as shit.

as far as trumpism goes, I hope it goes far the hell away. GOP is here to stay, there's nothing people can do about that. We can agree or agree to disagree on certain political values but I hope trumpism is extinct.

as far as trumpism goes, I hope it goes far the hell away. GOP is here to stay, there's nothing people can do about that. We can agree or agree to disagree on certain political values but I hope trumpism is extinct.

What exactly is "trumpism"?

I'm interested to know your take.

lol, where was the media coverage of crack pipe Hunter Biden in the lead up to this election?
I do recall the election being between joe and Donald, Hunter is a known fuck up with a drug problem..not much to see there besides a known fuck up with a drug problem.
The real difference is,Donald wants the attention, his whole schtick is playing the wwf heel. As long as he does and says asinine shit, he gets all the attention he wants but then cry’s about unfair media.

squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Last edited:
hiya MeatheadMike,

maybe. i still sorta doubt it.

Mr. Reagan pretty much laughed his way through the dawn of the AIDS epidemic, and i don't get the sense that anyone remembers that.

i think folks have short memories. a hundred years from now, most Americans won't be able to cite more than one sentence (a short sentence) if asked about the Trump Presidency. it'll go something like this;

1) Nixon - watergate
2) Ford - nothing
3) Carter - maybe the hostage crises...nothing else
4) Reagan - end of the Cold War, maybe the fall of the Berlin Wall.
5) HW Bush - nothing
6) Clinton - Oral sex and impeachment hearings
7) W Bush - war and the Great Recession
8) Obama - America's first half white POTUS, and Obamacare (unless the ACA gets replaced in the next 20 or 30 years, in which case Americans might forget about it)
9) Trump - wealthy. possibly the impeachment hearings, but maybe not.

obviously wonks will know more, but i consider them outliers.

*ponders*

if you walked down the street and asked folks what they knew about Woodrow Wilson (a far more significant POTUS than Mr. Trump), i think you'd find yourself having very brief conversations.

- IGIT

This COVID pandemic is a historic event with global scale social and economic consequences, many of which we still don't know what will fully be as it isn't over yet. I think it will be remembered for many years to come and so will the U.S president at the time.... at least more so than Clinton's blowjob for example.

Last edited:
Have you seen the numbers of other countries that "followed the science" lately?

I understand that America is supposed to be some supreme leader in these scenarios, but the fact of the matter is, nothing has worked. The key to stemming cases seems to be location related, and nothing to do with what "experts" are advising.

The pages for COVID are still being written, but at least right now many Asian countries seem to have handled it far better most of the western world. Among the "western" countries, Australia seems to have handled it among the best. When all of this is over and the dust has settled, the history books analyze what worked in these countries and what failed for the U.S and Europe and take away lessons learned.

Back