Whats so great about having an old account creation date?

Anyone with a newer account is a fake TUF wannabe shitbag.

Having a lot if likes Is the new old join date.

The longer you've been here the bigger e-dick you have. Thought that was common knowledge..

I refused to make a Sherdog for a long time. Being an old school Usenet guy, I thought web forums were a passing fad and stuck with newsgroups and listservs well past the point the discussion had moved to the web. I only joined Sherdog because the very first Sherdog forums admin was someone who I used to chat with on NHB/MMA IRC channels back in the mid 90s.

I'm pretty sure I am the first remaining recorded instance of the use of the acronym "MMA" on the internet. If you can find one prior to mid 1997, then I'll back off of this claim. I am pretty sure I was instrumental in coining "sprawl and brawl" and "Wall and stall" but I can't back that up because I don't have access to those old school listserv archives from 20 years ago.

I had a 2005 account. Back then us 2005ers were called TUF noobs.

I refused to make a Sherdog for a long time. Being an old school Usenet guy, I thought web forums were a passing fad and stuck with newsgroups and listservs well past the point the discussion had moved to the web. I only joined Sherdog because the very first Sherdog forums admin was someone who I used to chat with on NHB/MMA IRC channels back in the mid 90s.

I'm pretty sure I am the first remaining recorded instance of the use of the acronym "MMA" on the internet. If you can find one prior to mid 1997, then I'll back off of this claim. I am pretty sure I was instrumental in coining "sprawl and brawl" and "Wall and stall" but I can't back that up because I don't have access to those old school listserv archives from 20 years ago.

Respect

Its better than having a new account and everyone thinking you are a noob and know nothing...............like the TS.Honestly if ya just started watching mma and got an account recently you dont know much and have missed alot.

Generally I find the newer posters are much worse than the older posters. I suspect it's because a lot of the new posters were previously banned.

Where do you post to get so many likes?
I think I'll make a thread in the heavies about how Diaz will KO McNugget, and another one about how McGOAT will KO Diaz. I like to hedge my bets.

I always figured it's the equivalent to the belief that old people are full of wisdom because they've seen and lived so much.

But I've seen enough posts from people ancient join dates to make me wonder if it's more like buying #1 of a comic book, hoping it becomes a collector's edition someday. Sometimes you just get lucky.

I brought some pretty good photoshops to the table so fuck you.

I've almost been here half my life...

All I know is it's impossible to have been a fan of MMA before your Sherdog join date. The date you created an account here was the date of your first ever introduction to MMA, period. End of story...right Sherbros?

Correct. The day I watched MMA was the day I rushed home to create this account.

It just means that us older members have seen some shit, man. Seen lots of it....especially the outlandish shit that has routinely popped up on Sherdog over the years. Guys like myself, Doughbelly etc have all seen the passing of Pride, the TUFera, Brock newbz, yadda yadda yadda. Hundreds of minor revolutions across the MMA landscape. We've seen more MMA, lived in the culture for longer, witnessed from the ground level the insane rise of popularity our old sport took, yet remain here chiming in from time to time. It's badge of honor to wear.

I've been he since 07-08 I think. I've been reincarnated a few times since then.

not being banned is not congruent w/ boring, just saying.

You can be quite a solid poster, and not be offensive, douchey or an asshole. Not that hard really

Back