What's more important when it comes to being a MMA GOAT? How many you've beaten or who you've beaten

Unless a fighter ducks opponents, a weak strength of schedule is not their god damn fault. Its should not be all we look at. Look at the skillset, how fucking good they are. Judge on that

We all have different opinions on what and who an MMA GOAT is. What do you think is more important?

Beating undefeated like Khabib and Jon?

Having a few Ls but beating the best of the best in their division like Silva, GSP, BJ,Fedor, Etc

Wiping division out and counting how many rounds he was dominant so wins vs lost.

Beating the best = heavyweights

I laugh when someone refuses to acknowledge that

There is no real GOAT, only GOATs.

Unless a fighter ducks opponents, a weak strength of schedule is not their god damn fault. Its should not be all we look at. Look at the skillset, how fucking good they are. Judge on that
Doesn't matter whether it is their fault or not, luck plays a role in who is GOAT. If your MM and half your title defenses are against guys we all know suck you aren't in the same conversation as GSP, Anderson, etc.

We all have different opinions on what and who an MMA GOAT is. What do you think is more important?

Having a few Ls but beating the best of the best in their division like Silva, GSP, BJ,Fedor, Etc
Who. But you can't be goat if it's not for a long time. Catch 22

Whoever shows the highest level of skill is most important. Wins or losses dont really mean anything.

What? My post has nothing to do with Khabib, lol.
Haha I'm just kidding, but he started saying after he retired there is no GOAT, only people in the GOAT conversation. Which is kinda true, but I feel like if he had GSP's defenses he wouldn't say that lol.

Haha I'm just kidding, but he started saying after he retired there is no GOAT, only people in the GOAT conversation. Which is kinda true, but I feel like if he had GSP's defenses he wouldn't say that lol.

It's all subjective, really. There's plenty of guys with claims to that title. I

It’s who you beat, when you beat them and how you beat them. Guys like Jones, Andy, Fedor we’re untouchable at a time when their divisions were filled with killers. And they didn’t just win, they were demolishing and it was clear they were on another level.

Nowadays a win over someone like Andy doesn’t mean much, he’s washed up, plagued with injuries and shell of his former self. So when you beat a certain fighter is just as important as who you beat. Someone like Ngannou has a very impressive record on paper but it doesn’t mean much in reality.

Also if you look at losses in the goat conversation, fighters can have a bad day at the office or move up in weight to challenge a great fighter, Israel vs Jan being the prime example.

I think Israel, if motivated and healthy, can be a Goat when it's all said and done. He is toying with everyone at middleweight these days.
{<shrug}<{yearp}>{<hhh]

the answer is fairly simple, since most consider Silva, GSP or Fedor to be the GOAT.

Had Khabib continued fighting, he might have surpassed them.
If Jon continues fighting, he might as well.

But not because they are unbeaten, but because of their dominance over time (while at the top).

It is easier to climb the mountain than to stay at the mountaintop, where everyone is aiming at you, training specifically for you.

Nobody even brought Jon up lol, you can say he should be disqualified for A,B,C, but resume wise he is the GOAT. And let's be honest, most of these guys are probably on PEDs.

OP did...

Back