What's more important when it comes to being a MMA GOAT? How many you've beaten or who you've beaten

I'm a fan of plenty of fighters.

You must be a Silva fan
I have GSP as natty GOAT, and Jones as PED GOAT

Saying title defenses don't matter is crazy to me, basically everything GSP, Anderson, Jones did past 3 defenses was pointless lol

Whatever you want, as long as you’re reasonable about it.
There are REASONABLY about 7 guys you can claim are GOAT.

We all have different opinions on what and who an MMA GOAT is. What do you think is more important?

Beating undefeated like Khabib and Jon?

Having a few Ls but beating the best of the best in their division like Silva, GSP, BJ,Fedor, Etc
I think the most important thing to realize about GOAT is that this is a very young sport that started in the early 90s. Too soon to call anyone “greatest of all time”!

Most important is how good were the fighter’s opponents (cans, green fighters, top 10 ranking, p4p ranking, prime, peak, past-prime, etc.)

Next in importance is how many great/good wins the fighter has total

Next is shitting on the fighter a little bit for their losses, then shitting on the undefeated fighters for quitting

Then I rank the fighters based on how cool their shorts look

- Not using PEDs
- Dominance
- Not losing rounds as much as possible
- Not getting bleed, not getting dropped, not getting hurt as much as possible

We all have different opinions on what and who an MMA GOAT is. What do you think is more important?

Beating undefeated like Khabib and Jon?

Having a few Ls but beating the best of the best in their division like Silva, GSP, BJ,Fedor, Etc
There is more to it. My opinion is number of wins, quality of opponents, domination of opponents, how many times you were close to loss, how much damage have you taken. When is all that combined, Khabib is clearly the best to ever do it. And many pro fighters do agree with that..

How does Khabib or GSP deal with Yuji Nagata?
Nagata lost to Cro Cop and Fedor because they are scary dudes. Nagata was around 6 feet and 226 pounds and had an impressive amateur greco roman background. You can see the athleticism, strength, speed and wrestling in the Fedor fight. Sure, Nagata is seen as a joke of a win for Fedor by many, but why is knocking a guy like him out in 60 seconds less impressive than going 5 rounds with Carlos Condit at 170? lol

How does Miocic deal with Hong Man Choi at 7'2 and 366 pounds in mma gloves? Or Semmy Schilt at 6'11 and a lean 275 pounds? Or Zuluzinho at 6'5 and close to 400 pounds? He got his ass kicked by Stefan Struve so it's a legitimate question.

From his 26th to 33rd pro fight, Fedor finished Zuluzinho, Mark Coleman, Mark Hunt, Matt Lindland, Hong Man Choi, Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, and Brett Rogers in less than 36 minutes combined. Jon Jones has arguably lost to Dominick Reyes and Thiago Santos in this 27th and 28th pro fights. Come on people

Who've you beaten is more important. I don't care if you fought a bunch of nobodies in 50 fights and you win them all. I don't give high acclaim to that.

A mix of both, and it has to be a mix of both..

anyway GOAT talks are lame. You guys need to find something else to talk about.

In the end its just "this guys my favorite" or "i think this guys the best"

Thats it. Too many different factors in different divisions and eras. In 100 yrs it wont be solved.

No I think it was turinabol.

Amongst other things.
giphy.gif

For me it’s who you’ve beaten not how many.

Travis Fulton would be the GOAT if that were the case.

Just my opinion tho.

Title defenses are the biggest thing, second is who you beat while defending the title

I don't really care much about losses when it comes to guys like GSP, or Anderson
This too. That’s the reason people like Rob and Conor can’t be GOATS to me since they didn’t defend the belt.

Still putting Rob in the top 20 Middleweights of all time but not the GOAT.

Whoever beats the best competition without losing and without losing rounds in the fight, people say number of title defenses matters because they can’t comprehend that just because someone fights for a title doesn’t mean they are actually that good. Khabib is the GOAT (so far) because he never really lost any second of his fights.

Back