What's legit THE MOST IMPRESSIVE thing you've seen a fighter do in that octogan?

The end to Silva vs Griffin, when he was casually walking backwards dodging all of Forests punches and KOs him with a jab. I remember being at a party and all of us watching that replay in slow mo, he made it look so effortless. The discrepancy in skill was insane, it was like a lamb to the slaughter.

He was gonna arm triangle him but didn't want to embarrass Justin in front of his parents so he chose to triangle him. Fucking goat shit. He's out here second guessing how he prefers to sub you and doing it with mercy LMFAO. ...

WarmheartedWarlikeGoitered-size_restricted.gif

It's amazing people actually believe these stories.

All time great. Given the stakes, bright lights, the animosity, and of course Aldo's status at the time, phenomenal performance.

Only problem I have with you picking this is that it doesn't really satisfy what I was asking. This is a counter left cross KO. We've seen plenty and will see plenty more. I'm talking about specific maneuvers done that are nearly 1 in a million type shit
Using that criteria it’s gotta be this. Never seen before and won’t be seen again for a long time

D90B9723-0859-4470-A96D-A88F8CB63D4E.jpeg

Edit

Nor was it a fluke. Yair tried to land this earlier in the round, he knew exactly what he was doing. Crazy, Hail Mary shot that landed perfectly, exactly how it was intended. Yair gets shit on here and people love zombie but that elbow was as flush, perfect and unique as they come.

Last edited:
The end to Silva vs Griffin, when he was casually walking backwards dodging all of Forests punches and KOs him with a jab. I remember being at a party and all of us watching that replay in slow mo, he made it look so effortless. The discrepancy in skill was insane, it was like a lamb to the slaughter.
It was literally some video game shit lol.
I loved how arrogantly nonchalant AS was in his prime. He looked like he could embarrass you while eating an apple lol

WarmheartedWarlikeGoitered-size_restricted.gif

It's amazing people actually believe these stories.
“He goes, ‘I didn’t want to hurt him in front of his parents, so I said I’m going to go and put him in a triangle. And if he goes to sleep, he goes to sleep, you wake up, you’re fine.’ This is exactly what he told me. That’s crazy, right? He did not want to hurt Justin in front of his parents. To be comfortable enough to think about this in the moment, that’s crazy. He didn’t want to break his arm. Because if Justin’s not going to tap, you have to break it. And he did not want to do that to Justin in front of his mom and dad.”

Call me whatever you want, but given
A - Khabib's grappling prowess and complete dominance
And
B - Moral code and direct speech that he lives by, ..
I believe him. You can see it frame by frame if you slow down the finish by a bit.

IMO undefeated challenger Lyoto Machida going against undefeated champ Rashad Evans, the stakes couldn’t get much higher. The actual KO ending as great as it was will live in Sherdog lure for the wrong reasons...

Shadface, the gift that keeps on giving, an incredible work of art, forever frozen in immortality, a perfect cookie cutter blanket response to any and all questions asked on this board...
<mma2>
“The Machida Era”, this one of was Joe’s finest moments as a UFC cheerleader, only to be topped by “once in human history Rousey. Unfortunately for Machida, his era was relatively short lived, hence it became a meme.

“He goes, ‘I didn’t want to hurt him in front of his parents, so I said I’m going to go and put him in a triangle. And if he goes to sleep, he goes to sleep, you wake up, you’re fine.’ This is exactly what he told me. That’s crazy, right? He did not want to hurt Justin in front of his parents. To be comfortable enough to think about this in the moment, that’s crazy. He didn’t want to break his arm. Because if Justin’s not going to tap, you have to break it. And he did not want to do that to Justin in front of his mom and dad.”

Call me whatever you want, but given
A - Khabib's grappling prowess and complete dominance
And
B - Moral code and direct speech that he lives by, ..
I believe him. You can see it frame by frame if you slow down the finish by a bit.

It's still second hand, but it's best to agree to disagree on something that can't be proven.

This is gonna sound terribly unoriginal but Masvidal's flying knee is up there for me. The mental aspect of it, the confidence, the utter disrespect, and the intelligence to know it would work on a guy like Askren. Looking all chill like he was gonna take it easy, then suddenly accelerating before Ben could understand what was coming, drawing his instinctive reaction to shoot, and perfect execution on the move itself. Just blows my mind

Last edited:
Back