What's legit THE MOST IMPRESSIVE thing you've seen a fighter do in that octogan?

tumblr_mk6qzhm3CI1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Winning the belt while unconscious.
This gif doesn't do enough justice, Matt had him up against the fence for a good few seconds before he went out, just an extremely odd finish.

How could we incorporate this move in a combat situation?
I have a couple suggestions...

Also, in the Tim Barbarian Boetsche spirit,

I also liked the way Mamed Khalidov rammed Malvin Manhoef into a ring post, making the whole ring shake in the process.
Melvin made him work for this win; kick-boxing or MMA, Melvin No Mercy Manhoef is never an easy fight.

I was going to be really unimpressed if the Showtime kick wasn't on the first page. First thing that came to my mind.

Yeah it's near the top. Very rare to see something like that landing in a fight of that magnitude. Over ten years later and it's still just as impressive.

This gif doesn't do enough justice, Matt had him up against the fence for a good few seconds before he went out, just an extremely odd finish.

Watching it live we were all pretty amazed.

I remember discussions regarding the outcome went on for some time.

tenor.gif

Even wearing a motorcycle helmet you would have died.

Yeah, cause unlike Fedor I'm not an International Master of Sport in Judo who's literally a master at doing the very judo break fall he did there to not get injured.

55nxpb.jpg

Ah so it’s just a coincidence that this seems to rile you up but completely no relation to the fact that you’re one of Conor’s most rabid and loyal fans and this praises Khabib. Got it mate.

For what it’s worth it’s a good move from Khabib but it doesn’t belong in a thread like this imo.

It sounds more like you're the insecure one here, given you brought this up out of nowhere even though you agree it's not something that should be in this thread.

Yeah, cause unlike Fedor I'm not an International Master of Sport in Judo who's literally a master at doing the very judo break fall he did there to not get injured.

55nxpb.jpg

It sounds more like you're the insecure one here, given you brought this up out of nowhere even though you agree it's not something that should be in this thread.
You what? Someone posted about Khabib on Gaethje, you had a bit of a fit because Khabib made your special guy tap and cry it’s only business. I then commented on that. Not sure how you’re getting me bringing this up or me being insecure. So emotional. Whatever helps you cope with the loss, I’m not bothered at all. Enjoy your day.

fedor ko of arlovski
fedor not dying from being dropped on the head by randleman and quickly finishing him after
silva crane kick of vitor
some absurd body movements from yoel
5'8 vovchanchin demolishing people

Using that criteria it’s gotta be this. Never seen before and won’t be seen again for a long time

View attachment 847394

Edit

Nor was it a fluke. Yair tried to land this earlier in the round, he knew exactly what he was doing. Crazy, Hail Mary shot that landed perfectly, exactly how it was intended. Yair gets shit on here and people love zombie but that elbow was as flush, perfect and unique as they come.
Let's just say it was very low probability and he lands it maybe a couple times if he tries a 100 times. He wasn't even looking when he threw it. Crazy moment, but not super impressive for me personally.

Last edited:
At that time, BJ Penn when he tried to "Fitch" Jon Fitch. Absolutely no one saw it coming.

10001753.gif
Jon_Fitch__vs._B.J._Penn_2.gif

Jon_Fitch__vs._B.J._Penn_5.gif
That first gif kills me, because you can see Fitch think about shooting but BJ does before he can and catches him off guard.

Standing guillotine choke (Jon Jones)
jonchokemac.gif

Flying armbar (Rose Namajunas)
tumblr_mkutzjDCGg1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Reverse elbow (Anderson Silva)
rttaD4i.gif

spinning wheel kick (Edson Barboza)
400d7b1ad179ce043cb3b2fdbd136059.gif

Pettis' showtime kick
JqKl.gif

Back