Whatever happened to the "Conor can't beat a wrestler" question?

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
Has that been solved yet or are people still asking? I haven't heard it recently.

Nah people are bitching about something else now.

He beat two wrestlers

It should have ended after Mendes but of course this is Sherdog and full-camp Mendes rapes McGregor or something.

Mostly about how every fighter at LW and FW is ducking everyone else, it seems.
This site is so full of drama sometimes. People just can't wait to throw the word "duck" around at any time.

Well he has beaten a few now.

However, it is a real question of whether or not if he can defeat Khabib the wrestler.

However that question goes for every fighter, and not just Conor. Lol!

The wrestler he recently beat that wrestled 2 former champions to get his title shot isn't a wrestler anymore...So it's still a question apparently.

Fight%2BFinish%2BConor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BChad%2BMendes.gif

source.gif

Alvarez looked terrible trying to grapple with him, looked like an amateur.

Not sure how much of that was bad planning and how much was Conor's footwork.

For now, I'm going to stop talking about wrestlers because he's beaten Alvarez and Mendes. Both fights seemed weird to me, but he won them, so I'm going to back off.

For now, I'm going to stop talking about wrestlers because he's beaten Alvarez and Mendes. Both fights seemed weird to me, but he won them, so I'm going to back off.

"SEVENTY-THREE!!!"

This site is so full of drama sometimes. People just can't wait to throw the word "duck" around at any time.
It fascinates me how people have changed the meaning of terms of this site. "Gatekeeper", "duck" and "paper champ" are used incorrectly very frequently.

Conor will not get taken down for the remainder of his career. Mark my words.

Out of fear for that left hand and the grappling improvements helped by bjj wizard Dillon 'Pablo' Danis.

Can he beat a wrestler? Sure, he has.

Can he beat Khabib? Doubt it...that's why I want to see it.

I don't see an entire class of fighters (wrestlers) beating Colon, but the best wrestlers around, like Khabib, I still favor over him.

Alvarez seemed spooked almost from the out, and did basically everything wrong. Conor did basically everything right. He totally outclassed Alvarez.

Conor was very impressive against Alvarez, his TDD, striking, counters, reaction speed....similar to Anderson spooking and flummoxing MW challengers.

Conor will not get taken down for the remainder of his career. Mark my words.

Out of fear for that left hand and the grappling improvements helped by bjj wizard Dillon 'Pablo' Danis.

The only reason I think you may be right is because he may never fight again.

If he fights again, especially if he fights Khabib, he will absolutely be taken down again.

Can he beat a wrestler? Sure, he has.

Can he beat Khabib? Doubt it...that's why I want to see it.

I don't see an entire class of fighters (wrestlers) beating Colon, but the best wrestlers around, like Khabib, I still favor over him.

Thing is, if he loses to Khabib, everyone will be like "I told you he cant beat a wrestler! Even Faber would have done the same thing.' Yet, if Aldo fought Khabib and got bear raped, no one would question Aldo's ability to fight a wrestler. There are simply levels to this game and Khabib's wrestling is like Marcelo's BJJ; just on a completely new level than anything we have ever seen. I can certainly see Conor KO him, esp this new "Efficient Conor", but I'd give the odds to Khabib at 65%-35%. However, if Khabib fought 'Mystic Mac the Wheel Kicking Head Hunter", I'd give Khabib a 90-10% chance. And, I'd put Khabib's chances vs Aldo at 95-5%, owing to the fact Aldo has no fight stopping power....yet it means nothing about how Aldo would match up against a wrestler, but rather that Khabib is simply on a whole new level.

Back