Whatever happened to the "Conor can't beat a wrestler" question?

Full-camp Mendes wins 4 out of 5 times.
If McGregor fights him injured again 5 times you mean?

Healthy McGregor meanwhile.

giphy.gif

can someone explain to me where this myth came from its not like conor has sage northcutt level TDD

in 10 ufc fights he has been taken down 2 times ,1 against mendes in which he worked his way back to his feet in the same round and nate diaz at the end of the 5th when both were gassed

giphy.gif
And don't forget that Diaz tried to take McGregor down SEVEN TIMES in that fight, and was only succesful in the last 10 seconds of round 5.

giphy.gif

Did Conor knock Alvarez down six times and not finish him? Because I remember Conor dropping him three or four times, and finishing him.
Not sure if you are trying to be smart? He knocked down Nathan Diaz 6 times over 2 fights, getting choked out in the process and squeaking out a majority decision.

He scared Eddie, he had no idea what to doin there. But he's far from Anderson Silv level of destruction on the mental level.

2 fights, 2 Ws

You can make excuses for every fighter's losses. Don't be the guy that does that just to bash another fighter's accomplishments
I expected more from a member as smart as you..

Not sure if you are trying to be smart? He knocked down Nathan Diaz 6 times over 2 fights, getting choked out in the process and squeaking out a majority decision.

He scared Eddie, he had no idea what to doin there. But he's far from Anderson Silv level of destruction on the mental level.
I literally referenced one fight - Conor vs Alvarez. Conor vs Nate is not relevant. When Conor fought Alvarez, Eddie looked like a deer in the headlights.

He's only fought one good wrestler in his career and that was on 2 weeks notice.

He knocked down Nathan Diaz 6 times over 2 fights, getting choked out in the process and squeaking out a majority decision.

Well now you're just making shit up. Conor only ever knocked down Diaz 3 times, and all were in the second fight.

And don't forget that Diaz tried to take McGregor down SEVEN TIMES in that fight, and was only succesful in the last 10 seconds of round 5.

giphy.gif

Diaz is a shit wrestler.

There's 16 year olds on high school wrestling teams with a better double leg.

Alverz is not that good with wrestling?? Lol

This hater has gone full retard hahah

Alvarez is a good wrestler who wrestled his way on top. Khabib is a great wrestler.

Try to incorporate actually knowledge of fighters when you make a post next time. Your hate game is weak
<33>

I like Alvarez but he had 2 split decisions and the fight against Melendez he didn't manage to take the fight to the ground. and i stand for what i said: khabib is a good wrestler LIGHTYEARS AWAY than Alvarez in term of skills

It's not enough to just say "wrestler" as there are several kinds of wrestlers. Chad is a superb power double wrestler and Eddie is more of press them up against the cage then take them down kind of wrestler. Eddie never dictated where the fight was going so he was never going to really get Conor up against the cage and in trouble. Eddie tried TDS from like halfway across the mat and surprise, surprise, they failed.

Also, Conor is a better fighter at LW where he doesn't have to look like a skeleton at weigh-ins. Likely part of Chad's success was due to Conor's weight cut. This was the same situation with rumble when he fought at 170 lbs.

Conor's TDD isn't bad, but it's probably not Aldo level (Dude's like never been taken down). I don't know if Conor has anyone in his camp that could actually test it. I know Gunnar is there, but he's not really a wrestler.

People who saw Khabib's fight with MJ and immediately think Khabib will just get blasted into oblivion are equally dumb as those who thought Alvarez was going to beat Conor (he had a slim chance, but he has a 5 inch reach disadvantage, that's pretty much game over). MJ hits like a mack truck (he killed porier quicker than Conor) and although Khabib sitting there and getting stunned like that would be a bad move against Conor, he remained composed and quickly took over the fight.

Conor will not get taken down for the remainder of his career. Mark my words.

Out of fear for that left hand and the grappling improvements helped by bjj wizard Dillon 'Pablo' Danis.
You're so delusional that it's honestly saddening.

You wouldn't even have an identity if it weren't for this guy.
lol yea because Diaz is a renowned takedown artist...

Last edited:
Back