Whatever happened to the "Conor can't beat a wrestler" question?

Well he has beaten a few now.

However, it is a real question of whether or not if he can defeat Khabib the wrestler.

However that question goes for every fighter, and not just Conor. Lol!
The question is, can anyone that has ever lived, that can weigh in at 155 lbs beat Khabib?
I'd almost not even put Khabib's strength at wrestling, but rather put him in a new category or subspecies of animal, like a wolverine or some shit. That being said, I think Conor has the best style to beat him as Khabib gets wild to close the distance and Conor is just so accurate with his foot work, timing and countering. On top of that, that karate stance is way harder to get in on than the muay thai or boxer stance that Khabib has fought before.

Conor Khabib really is a dream match to me, the closest MMA will get to MayPac whereas Conor Diaz may be a more fun fight and akin to Pac Marquez or something. From a stylistic perspective Marquez (Diaz) matched up well with Pac (Conor) but is a poor match up w/ May (Khabib), while Pac matches up much better with Khabib. Conor Khabib is a kind of winner take all type event, and will decide who is the best fighter on the planet.

The haters have moved on to conor being a duck and limited to posting conor being choked pics.

You guys can deny all you want but Conor looked beatable in the Chad fight. Chad was a lot smaller and size matters. That's why I want to see Conor vs Khabib.
Not saying that Khabib will 100% win but I believe that at least on paper he seems to be the guy that can beat Conor.

He needs like 2 title defenses and there won't be shit anybody can say anymore. Though he could just move up to WW and fight for the title and people will still have shit to say... preferential treatment, can't beat Khabib or Tony.

You never saw anyone standing in front of Anderson in a title fight with no idea what to do? Some of those guys looked lost.
Just haven't ever heard that word before. Thanks for educating my backwoods brain.

I still question it, mendes did well on a few weeks notice.

Eddie didn't come to wrestle, the dude legit thought he could stand with Conor and if the going got tough he could take him down, Conor showed some good defence but he knew it was coming once Eddie panicked from the power.

Conor made Eddie his bitch and showed some good TDD but he fought a dude that thought he could out strike and finish Conor on the feet.

These dudes ego get in the way and their chins and health suffer because of it.

Full-camp Mendes wins 4 out of 5 times.

Fight%2BFinish%2BConor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BChad%2BMendes.gif

source.gif
Meh, they've still got Khabib until later this year, then of course the backup plan of Woodley.

I've heard that the more forward thinking haters have even started pooling money together to buy out Ben's ONE FC contract in 2018.

Mendes gassed and took the fight on short notice. Alvarez is not that good with his wrestling and choked out when irish jabroni hit him.

IF HE BEATS khabib the i would say he beat a good wrestler.

It should have ended after Mendes but of course this is Sherdog and full-camp Mendes rapes McGregor or something.
Well he probably does, as evidenced by the first round before Mendes started to gas out.

Alvarez looked terrible trying to grapple with him, looked like an amateur.

Not sure how much of that was bad planning and how much was Conor's footwork.

For now, I'm going to stop talking about wrestlers because he's beaten Alvarez and Mendes. Both fights seemed weird to me, but he won them, so I'm going to back off.

Pretty much this. Also, I don't consider Alvarez a wrestler—his base is boxing, but he has shown above average wrestling in the octagon, so I applaud Conor for dispatching Eddie with ease, but man.....just a really bizarre performance by Eddie.

That one doesn't work anymore so now the haters have moved onto whining about him not defending and ducking etc. That's what haters do.

its funny cuz you think mj has good wrestling when we've never seen him use it
Never seems to use it and can't use is different though.
Just like who is Aldo BJJ bb and most of the noobs here think he is a just a striker.

can someone explain to me where this myth came from its not like conor has sage northcutt level TDD

in 10 ufc fights he has been taken down 2 times ,1 against mendes in which he worked his way back to his feet in the same round and nate diaz at the end of the 5th when both were gassed

giphy.gif

Well, Khabib is one of the best grapplers LW has seen, and Cucuy has unique ways to get a fight down. They'd both be a real chance.

MJ and Alvarez? Nah.
Eddie and MJ against Connie it is still
a toss up IMHO.

Mendes gassed and took the fight on short notice. Alvarez is not that good with his wrestling and choked out when irish jabroni hit him.

IF HE BEATS khabib the i would say he beat a good wrestler.

Alverz is not that good with wrestling?? Lol

This hater has gone full retard hahah

Alvarez is a good wrestler who wrestled his way on top. Khabib is a great wrestler.

Try to incorporate actually knowledge of fighters when you make a post next time. Your hate game is weak
<33>

Back