• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What would you do if you found out your grown up kid isn't yours?

Being grown, I'd predict it would be too late to justify dropping the kid. That kid, is a product of the substitutes parenting.

The better question is how long (or short, really) would it take to understand in continuing being a father to someone elses kid.

Disown immediately. Divorce. Live free and single.
This is one reason why getting married and having kids seems like such a risky endeavor.
If I gave you a business idea where you have a damn good chance that the business will not only fail, you may lose half what you own and you have to pay for it for years after, you'd think it's a stupid fucking idea.

Do you pay child support on grown up kids?
It is considered civil to cover the expenses particularly in the case of disability.
It's not exactly illegal but if a person has an impairment and the parent is the recognised care giver a judge can order them to cover costs particularly in treating the illness. Failure to do so results in fines being imposed to cover the cost or jail time.

Yes ADD, Autism etc count as impairments.

Do you even have the option to stop paying. But yes I'd stop paying if I found out the kid isn't mine

Not the kids fault their mom was a whore and it would be pretty fucked up to punish them for it at that point.

Also you would have to be a complete psychopath to raise a child to adulthood and not form a bond that would overcome this.

Deal with the whore how you see fit, and make a well reasoned decision about how to divulge the information or not...

Don't take the bad news out on the child.

Back