• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What would you do if you found out your grown up kid isn't yours?

Too broad of a question. What is the exact age of the kid or kids?

If they are grown, it is already too late. I often had dreams of mine not being, mine... Now they are grown, so if I found out they were not, I already paid over 100k. I might have to kill her and would never drop them now.

A lot of people out there are raising little Mr Mojo Lane Jrs. But, hey, they get a Happy Fathers day while people don't think of me at all on that day.

If you found out much later on that your kid isn't yours biologically? Would you still pay child support?

Can't happen, as my kids look like mini-me's. They look more like me than they do my wife.

For argument sake, yes I would still pay child support. If I raised them and loved them, they're mine even if they aren't biologically mine. Being a good father is one of the most important things in all of my life. This would create a big problem with the ex - if she lied to me all of those years. That would be harder to navigate than supporting the kids would be.

the bigger story is the legal system, how can you force someone to pay for a child that is not theirs?

Don't know anyone this happened to personally that was on the hook for support, but the way I heard it explained from unqualified internet experts is some states consider you the father if you are together during the birth (especially married), and your name is on the birth certificate. Regardless of finding out later the child is not yours, it's a legal loophole for the state to garnish your wages for child support and factor that into any calculations before the mother qualifies for any financial assistance from them. But yeah, it's a total crock of shit.

Really depends on the kid. If he's a pos and has always given you problems the leave him with his mom. If he's always been close, then I'd keep him. Who knows, the bond might become stronger.

As for the wife, not sure, maybe run her over or something.

I would tell the mother that I work forgive her and still be a husband to her and father to her son if she pays me back for every cent I ever paid in child support.

That would make up for the years of deception.

Then after she paid me back I'd leave her ass and never speak to the kid again because that's what husbands and fathers do.

the bigger story is the legal system, how can you force someone to pay for a child that is not theirs?
It's beyond outrageous that the legal system punishes people for being the victim of fraud, and rewards the one who committed the fraud, and somehow it just didn't occur to the legal system to order payment from the actual father.

I'd take the kid to a place with a nice view to let him know the truth. I'd say something like 'Now I know even though you're not my biological son I don't love you any less. However I've always known you were defective and the only reason I didn't throw you off a cliff at birth was because I thought you were mine.'

Then off the cliff he goes Spartan style to be with his mom. Then I'd go dig up my 'best friends' grave and fuck his corpse.

300-cliff.1920x0.jpg

I'd still support my boys if they weren't biologically mine.

Love those little hellians.

Wouldn't be pleased with the missus though

I’d find the guy who cucked me then tie the mother to a chair and make her watch me bone that dude to assert myself as top alpha.

Then I’d never speak to either of them again while maintaining a relationship with the kid because it’s not their fault. Textbook alpha male shit

It’s insane that a woman can fraudulently claim you are the father and then the court can make you pay out the ass till the child is 18.
What’s even more insane…….

Probably men that came up with these laws <lol> <KhabibBS>

If the children are young, i would bail but older children?

Time changes things, but eventually the relationship would dissolve. I would find it hard to get vindictive on my grown children, it would devastate them, it would devastate me in a slow burn way....... because what difference does it make if I bail at this point? I can cut ties with their mom, but the kids have their own minds. I mentor some kids that are completely strangers, if I continue to mentor my previous kids, I think I could? but then again, it's near impossible for me to see them as NOT my children.

because the dynamic is so different from older children vs younger, I wouldnt be as devastated initially, but I'm sure it'll eat away slowly.

If I gave you a business idea where you have a damn good chance that the business will not only fail, you may lose half what you own and you have to pay for it for years after, you'd think it's a stupid fucking idea.

1) It's not 1967. That's not how things typically work anymore. For starts divorce rates are falling. Also the "lose half" thing is based on a single income home which is wildly uncommon.

2) You've pretty much described a typical small business loan. Since the business starts with no assets you leverage your personal assets. If it fails, you continue to pay and/or you lose your leveraged assets.

I'm not saying you should get married, or that marriage is great for everyone, but don't let boomer era paranoia fog your perception of it.

Disown immediately. Divorce. Live free and single.
This is one reason why getting married and having kids seems like such a risky endeavor.
If I gave you a business idea where you have a damn good chance that the business will not only fail, you may lose half what you own and you have to pay for it for years after, you'd think it's a stupid fucking idea.
if your father disowned you for whatever reason, what would you think about it?

you'd probably think you fucken suck dad, and walk away...... I dont know man, adult disowning another adult..... maybe it would matter if they were receiving trust funds, but my children dont roll like that, they're going to have to suffer just like I did, cant give them everything.

likewise, a business, by definition, is a risky venture. It can be fail, and you can lose your shirts, and it can be wildly successful. Would I recommend people try to run businesses? absolutely.

Back