What would a brutal ground and pound loss do to Conor's legacy?

Lethal striker? One KO in the UFC.. his other two one punch KO's were in 2012 and 2011 prior to the UFC, the rest of his finishes have been TKO'S, plus one KO from an elbow in 2012, and one sub in 2012. Against what odds? A "champ" that has never defended a belt in his entire career, and has 3 losses in which he quit to fighters that many don't consider "elite" or "championship caliber". Like the guy you replied to said.. what legacy?

Conor is tied for 4th place in UFC HISTORY for knockdowns landed, despite having far less fights than everybody else at only 10 UFC fights. You sound delusional as fuck to question whether or not he's a lethal striker just because you want to argue the degrees of how knocked out his opponent was.

He wasn't the first simultaneous two division champ. He should've been stripped before he fought for the title, but the UFC wanted to give him the chance for that title so they let him win before stripping him.

Conor was supposed to fight for the 155lb title only 3 months into his reign. No he was not supposed to be stripped.

Furthermore, Conor was never supposed to be stripped of the 145lb title. He was only actually stripped because Cormier pulled out of the Rumble rematch at the last second and the UFC suddenly needed to promote Holloway/Pettis to an interim fight to save their PPV and couldn't have 2 interim title holders as Aldo was already interim champ.

Conor was stripped to save a PPV.

DC is the first true simultaneous two division champ. He will defend his LHW and HW title, and is an active fighter who isn't holding up divisions.

DC doesn't have a fight scheduled in either division, and is actively turning down fights to hold out for a potential Brock fight next year so that's not true.

He would prob get an instant rematch to avenge, that’s a privileged thing to get, many others lose and can’t win it back by the fight won’t get booked

Conor is tied for 4th place in UFC HISTORY for knockdowns landed, despite having far less fights than everybody else at only 10 UFC fights. You sound delusional as fuck to question whether or not he's a lethal striker just because you want to argue the degrees of how knocked out his opponent was.

And being a FW/LW lmao

Conor arguably lost 3 of his last 4 fights in combat sports in his prime.

How many more losses until people stop talking about his legacy?

He's an entertainer like Brock but will never seriously be considered in GOAT talks.

That said he is a great striker, but very one dimensional. There have been many fighters historically who are great at one discipline.

How can the word hype even be used with a 2x multiple weight champion...who's beaten the best in the business? I think many of you are in so much denial over what conor has accomplished, it's almost mind boggling...still talking about "ending the hype" that just shows how incredibly delusional some are on here.

I’m probably the most objective person on here about Conor. I’m not a fanboy nor a hater, I just look at him for what he is based on his fighting. I think some people do undermine his accomplishments and talents, like you listed, but I also think some of the “hype” talk comes from a legitimate place, I just thinks it’s worded wrong. I think good comparisons is how people felt about Ronda, Anderson Silva, and even Chuck Liddell. They were talented fighters with a killer instinct who could potentially finish anyone within the first round, but there were questions about their level of competition and how well rounded they were and many people thought this would catch up to them and the “show” would be over. With Chuck and Ronda it did rather soon after their peak, but with Silva it never really did until he simply got older. The difference with Conor is that he does fight really good competition, however there legitimate criticisms being that at 145 he had a significant size advantage against guys like Jose and Mendes, and Mendes wasn’t on a full camp, and then he moved up and immediately lost to Diaz in horrendous fashion. His next two fights were good, but let’s be honest neither Diaz nor Eddie are “tier 1” fighters, they are more like solid tier 2 fighters. And then he couldn’t even go the distance in a 10oz gloves boxing match with a pillow fist fighter who is much smaller then him. These are things which can’t be ignored when taking about someone’s legacy or making claims for Goathood.

Conor is a great fighter but there are a couple of things that hurt his legacy and it’s a legitimate question if he has what it takes to defend a belt as many times as a GSP, Jones or DJ because of his cardio weakness and even the amount of shots he’s willing to take to give one. All he has to do is keep fighting to prove everyone wrong (or right).

Only cause he got tired.

We've been there.

Hell last time he basically quit half way through the second round, no other explanation for not even touching the arms choking you.

I’m probably the most objective person on here about Conor. I’m not a fanboy nor a hater, I just look at him for what he is based on his fighting. I think some people do undermine his accomplishments and talents, like you listed, but I also think some of the “hype” talk comes from a legitimate place, I just thinks it’s worded wrong. I think good comparisons is how people felt about Ronda, Anderson Silva, and even Chuck Liddell. They were talented fighters with a killer instinct who could potentially finish anyone within the first round, but there were questions about their level of competition and how well rounded they were and many people thought this would catch up to them and the “show” would be over. With Chuck and Ronda it did rather soon after their peak, but with Silva it never really did until he simply got older. The difference with Conor is that he does fight really good competition, however there legitimate criticisms being that at 145 he had a significant size advantage against guys like Jose and Mendes, and Mendes wasn’t on a full camp, and then he moved up and immediately lost to Diaz in horrendous fashion. His next two fights were good, but let’s be honest neither Diaz nor Eddie are “tier 1” fighters, they are more like solid tier 2 fighters. And then he couldn’t even go the distance in a 10oz gloves boxing match with a pillow fist fighter who is much smaller then him. These are things which can’t be ignored when taking about someone’s legacy or making claims for Goathood.

Conor is a great fighter but there are a couple of things that hurt his legacy and it’s a legitimate question if he has what it takes to defend a belt as many times as a GSP, Jones or DJ because of his cardio weakness and even the amount of shots he’s willing to take to give one. All he has to do is keep fighting to prove everyone wrong (or right).

I've always thought he just doesn't get excited to defend...he likes being the guy fighting for the title..as far as him having a size advantage at 145lbs...he did make weight...never once failed...and consider how much weight aldo and holloway cut to make 145lbs...holloway cuts a ton..look what happened to him recently...everyone cuts weight...that's just the way it goes..if you can make the weight, that's the weight class you fight at...if you do it, don't have to be rushed to the hospital or pull out due to near death, then making that weight is doable...also remember, both aldo and rda pussied out with fake injuries...so if conor fights mendes on short notice, it's not conor's fault...and I've always said, short notice might hurt a fighter, it goes into the later rounds in a 5 round fight...but a shortened camp isn't going to effect a guy in 2 rounds...

Back