What would a brutal ground and pound loss do to Conor's legacy?

I don't know about his legacy but it will make me laugh at his nuthuggers' reaction to it.

Would the hype finally die or would the built in excuses save him? For example, "well Conor hadn't fought in 2 years" or "he did really good considering he fought a man tree times his size"
no.
His brain dead nuthuggers will make the excuse he was out for too long, and it affected his game...
Nothing will change.

he will fight DIaz and in case of a win, it is like he never lost.

Bank account is all that matters regardless of what they say, you can not cash or deposit a legacy. When his grandchildren are ask about him they will say he was rich and so are we what else do you want to know?

You really think Conor is the type of person who will have money for his grandchildren? The guy is a coke addict

Biggest draw in MMA history, one of the most lethal strikers of all time, KO's against ranked fighters, champions and a legendary fighter against the odds, first simultaneous two division champ.....

Biggest draw... ok
Most lethal striker.... against midgets in a division he REALLY doesn’t belong in (see Darren till)
Lost to Nate Diaz in his natural weight class
Never defended a belt and was gift wrapped an opportunity to fight for one at 155

UFC created hype machine.

Good fighter? Yes
Legend and all around best mma fighter? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I just want to see Conor tap to strikes lol. Conor fans rip on Shogun for tapping but I bet you they'll find something glorious to say if Conor taps to strikes .

Conor is a glass jaw get 1-2 by Diaz and no heart giving up his back to avoid being stopped by strikes. He has the most deluded fanatic no knowledge fan base thats only interested in his bank account.

As long as he keeps turning up to fights, not getting injured, not missing weight, having exciting fights, knocking people out and competing at various weight classes...
He will continue to have fans.

the true valid excuse is this:

khabob has unfair advantage because there are no bears in ireland

He beat a few guys (one no camp) at FW where he had a comical size advantage. Beat a chinny overrated Eddie and went 1-1 with Diaz (one no camp), winning a close second fight in which he literally ran.

And got carried by Floyd in the biggest scam fight I can think of.

And was stripped of both belts. Zero defenses. One days after winning the other.

Tell me who is delusional again?

Lets attack each one of your insane comments..."beat a few guys" Holloway, mendes, pourier, aldo, haha. they all weigh the same at weighins...so there is no size advantage..if you can make weight, you are that weight...stop making excuses for his wins...it's pathetic...You don't think aldo, pourier and holloway also cut alot of weight, probably more than conor does. a chinny eddie? The guy beat the lineal champion in rda...that makes him the best and the champion...he caught and finished him...no luck involved...1-1 with diaz? conor also had the same camp for diaz and as diaz had...remember, conor was training for a LW fight, not a WW fight...You say conor ran in the rematch, yet he knocked nate down 3x..busted up his face something fierce and busted his leg up...so say he ran all you want...the guy won.

Lets attack each one of your insane comments..."beat a few guys" Holloway, mendes, pourier, aldo, haha. they all weigh the same at weighins...so there is no size advantage..if you can make weight, you are that weight...stop making excuses for his wins...it's pathetic...You don't think aldo, pourier and holloway also cut alot of weight, probably more than conor does. a chinny eddie? The guy beat the lineal champion in rda...that makes him the best and the champion...he caught and finished him...no luck involved...1-1 with diaz? conor also had the same camp for diaz and as diaz had...remember, conor was training for a LW fight, not a WW fight...You say conor ran in the rematch, yet he knocked nate down 3x..busted up his face something fierce and busted his leg up...so say he ran all you want...the guy won.
This post is like an unwashed taint. I'm gonna be in the next building over.

He beat a few guys (one no camp) at FW where he had a comical size advantage. Beat a chinny overrated Eddie and went 1-1 with Diaz (one no camp), winning a close second fight in which he literally ran.

And got carried by Floyd in the biggest scam fight I can think of.

And was stripped of both belts. Zero defenses. One days after winning the other.

Tell me who is delusional again?

Delusional doesn't even begin to describe your comments...honestly...

Biggest draw in MMA history, one of the most lethal strikers of all time, KO's against ranked fighters, champions and a legendary fighter against the odds, first simultaneous two division champ.....
Lethal striker? One KO in the UFC.. his other two one punch KO's were in 2012 and 2011 prior to the UFC, the rest of his finishes have been TKO'S, plus one KO from an elbow in 2012, and one sub in 2012. Against what odds? A "champ" that has never defended a belt in his entire career, and has 3 losses in which he quit to fighters that many don't consider "elite" or "championship caliber". Like the guy you replied to said.. what legacy?

Biggest draw... ok
Most lethal striker.... against midgets in a division he REALLY doesn’t belong in (see Darren till)
Lost to Nate Diaz in his natural weight class
Never defended a belt and was gift wrapped an opportunity to fight for one at 155

UFC created hype machine.

Good fighter? Yes
Legend and all around best mma fighter? NOT EVEN CLOSE.
So the first two (biggest draw and lethal striker) stand and you agree with them, even though you're trying to hate on it anyway

Never fought Nate Diaz at 155, and actually 70 is less natural for him than 45, so this is really wrong obviously

You can make the argument that he earned his title shot at 155 based on his accomplishments at 145, but that's subjective

Ufc created hype? Obviously not

Legend of the sport? Obviously he is

All around best MMA fighter? Lmao who the fuck said that?

what will be the legacy of khabib if he pulls out w injury or misses weight

Conor and Nate are both 155ers. Neither cut or did anything when they fought. Nate isn’t a 210 pounder trimming to 170 to take that fight.

Conor barely beat off the couch mendes.
The fact is whenever Conor has any sort of adversity, he mentally gives up and you can see it. If he doesn’t KO within 2 rounds, he’s mid level fighter at best. Serious.

So the first two (biggest draw and lethal striker) stand and you agree with them, even though you're trying to hate on it anyway

Never fought Nate Diaz at 155, and actually 70 is less natural for him than 45, so this is really wrong obviously

You can make the argument that he earned his title shot at 155 based on his accomplishments at 145, but that's subjective

Ufc created hype? Obviously not

Legend of the sport? Obviously he is

All around best MMA fighter? Lmao who the fuck said that?

Gone into hiding?? are you trying to rewrite history to what you wish it would be? Well, here's what actually did happen....conor lost, then pretty much called for an immediate rematch...trained his ass off, came back and beat a full camp diaz...beat his ass actually...if that fight was scored properly, or today, the fight wouldn't have been even close...the 2 knockdowns in one round, should have been a 10-8 round...today it would have been...

The delusion is strong in you.

Lethal striker? One KO in the UFC.. his other two one punch KO's were in 2012 and 2011 prior to the UFC, the rest of his finishes have been TKO'S, plus one KO from an elbow in 2012, and one sub in 2012. Against what odds? A "champ" that has never defended a belt in his entire career, and has 3 losses in which he quit to fighters that many don't consider "elite" or "championship caliber". Like the guy you replied to said.. what legacy?
What do clean one punch KOs have to do with being a lethal striker? You can be a lethal striker without one punch sleeping power, which he does have. Most lethal strikers don't have single strike KOs under the HW division anyway. You're nitpicking, especially because I know you know he is a lethal striker. That is how he's buttered his bread his entire career.

Plus, it could be argued that the Chad and Poirier finishes were both KOs, as well. The fights were finished with a single strike, even if he had to follow up for the referee to stop it.

As far as bringing up old losses to discredit a fighter with Conor's accomplishments? Massive reach on your part. It actually makes me a little sad because I know you're a true fan of the sport and should respect the guy for what he's done.

If you're genuinely still asking 'what legacy?' I'll just refer you back to my first post in this thread.

Conor barely beat off the couch mendes.
The fact is whenever Conor has any sort of adversity, he mentally gives up and you can see it. If he doesn’t KO within 2 rounds, he’s mid level fighter at best. Serious.
Conor clearly and concisely knocked Mendes out inside 2. Nothing 'barely' about that.

And that fight also disproves your next assertion, that he folds in the face of adversity. Quite the opposite is true if you look at his career without bias. Max put up a hell of a fight, Chad put real pressure and damage on him, put him in danger... the second Nate fight was a war and he wouldn't go down against Floyd.

One thing Conor is not is 'mentally weak'

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or serious. The facts are chad had zero camp. And he gassed, something he doesn’t do in any fights. He was MAULING Conor.

Conor was running for his life and looked like death against Nate the 2nd fight as soon as it hit later rounds. And tbh, I don’t think Nate cares if he wins that fight. Losing sets up trilogy and more $$

And Floyd... really? Jesus Christ dude. Floyd toyed with him. He could have ended it inside 2.... he was giving the fans and the world a show.

Conor clearly and concisely knocked Mendes out inside 2. Nothing 'barely' about that.

And that fight also disproves your next assertion, that he folds in the face of adversity. Quite the opposite is true if you look at his career without bias. Max put up a hell of a fight, Chad put real pressure and damage on him, put him in danger... the second Nate fight was a war and he wouldn't go down against Floyd.

One thing Conor is not is 'mentally weak'

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or serious. The facts are chad had zero camp. And he gassed, something he doesn’t do in any fights. He was MAULING Conor.

Conor was running for his life and looked like death against Nate the 2nd fight as soon as it hit later rounds. And tbh, I don’t think Nate cares if he wins that fight. Losing sets up trilogy and more $$

And Floyd... really? Jesus Christ dude. Floyd toyed with him. He could have ended it inside 2.... he was giving the fans and the world a show.
Conor was the main reason Chad gassed, he did a ton of work to the body. Sure the lack of a camp aided in this, but that's a big reason why conor went to the body and was so effective doing it. It is what it is.

Mauling Conor? No. Conor stood up from every takedown except one, including two in the first round. Chad had some success, but Conor had just as much success defending. 4/7 takedowns with three stand ups and moderate damage is not a mauling by any means.

The Nate fight got ugly, but was a war nonetheless. He could've quit and he did not. He won a decision against a cardio machine. Again, it kind of disproves the 'mentally weak' theory.

Floyd fight.... say what you want, Conor was getting beat up and never went down. He was mad at the stoppage. He wanted to stay in there. I brought this up again as an example of Conor not being mentally weak.

Side note: to say Floyd could have ended it in two is false, he doesn't have the power and he wouldn't take the risk. Floyd took the safest route to victory for good reason. He's a strategist first and foremost.

Back