What would a brutal ground and pound loss do to Conor's legacy?

Apparently not much. Diaz beat his ass and then Conor went on to get a 100 million dollar boxing payday.

Just shows how blind the average fight fan actually is.

Or how common the mental illness of people who aren't Irish pretending they're Irish is.

We all laugh and are confirmed that Connor can't beat a wrestler* and has been protected from them his entire career

Aside from 3 days notice Chad that gassed out. Good work on Connor though to work the body shots and survive being brutalized on the ground

The big stars in mma never lost their shine after an isolated loss. If he got destroyed again in his next outing like Ronda, then that would probably be enough to lose public interest.

There's a lot of people out there who appreciate the combination of star-power and incredible skill.

I think Conor will always have a legacy given the two UFC belts and being the biggest draw of his era. Although lets not forget that the UFC gave Conor extra special privileges for jumping the line at 155 after getting choked out by Nate Diaz. I think WHEN he loses to Khabib, there will be excuses made for Conor. However, the real test IMO is how he bounces back after losing to Khabib. Can he beat Ferguson, Lee or GSP? If Conor opts for the trilogy vs. gatekeeper Nate Diaz before fighting any top contenders at 155, I think Conor clearly deserves the full wrath of the MMA community for avoiding the best at his weight class for way too long...I don't care what new car he drives or what new suit he is wearing...

You really can't make this shit up. Conor has lost via sub 3 times. No one has ever debated that...because you can't. He tapped.

The delusions of the haters are getting worse.

Are we really going to pretend that people say Conor's early losses don't count because he was young, and please don't tell me you're acting like the whole "Diaz is 3 times his size he's a natural welterweight and he wasn't even training for him" excuses have never been said?

Loads of people have disputed it, they're the unfortunate vocal minority of Conor fans who live through the guy

His fans are casuals. Most don't even know who Fedor is

Yeah he won the two belts, but he has only run through one division, not much legacy, legacy is built on defenses, one of the best? maybe, but getting mauled by brutal GnP would only confirm what people think, he was matched up to suit his style, i love to see him fight, but if he gets GnP'd to a stoppage i would love it even more.

Are we really going to pretend that people say Conor's early losses don't count because he was young, and please don't tell me you're acting like the whole "Diaz is 3 times his size he's a natural welterweight and he wasn't even training for him" excuses have never been said?

Loads of people have disputed it, they're the unfortunate vocal minority of Conor fans who live through the guy
Pretending like he's never lost vs. giving reasons as to why he didn't win are very different.

It would confirm what most fair minded MMA fans suspected....

Namely that he has had favourable style match ups given to him by UFC to save him from being exposed by a grapple-heavy fighter.

Oh and with Khabib's crushing GnP, he would forever pronounce his name Connaught instead of Conor due to brain trauma.

Everyone's hype dies after a loss, 2 months ago Stipe was the greatest HW. Remember Aldo getting slept, that was the end of his train
Remember when Conor lost all his hype after losing to Nate? Everyone forgot all about him, all he ever did after that was win a rematch, a second title and box Mayweather.

I think Conor cares more about his bank account than his legacy

How can the word hype even be used with a 2x multiple weight champion...who's beaten the best in the business? I think many of you are in so much denial over what conor has accomplished, it's almost mind boggling...still talking about "ending the hype" that just shows how incredibly delusional some are on here.
He beat a few guys (one no camp) at FW where he had a comical size advantage. Beat a chinny overrated Eddie and went 1-1 with Diaz (one no camp), winning a close second fight in which he literally ran.

And got carried by Floyd in the biggest scam fight I can think of.

And was stripped of both belts. Zero defenses. One days after winning the other.

Tell me who is delusional again?

After his loss, Conor fanboys will avoid threads on Sherdog like...
giphy.gif

Everyone's hype dies after a loss, 2 months ago Stipe was the greatest HW. Remember Aldo getting slept, that was the end of his train
natr diaz hype never dies...

Don't care.

I'm more interested in what it does to his health and well being.

Hopefully diminishes it significantly.

At this point, I don't think any loss hurts his stock to much. He's pretty much accomplished all his goals and could retire. A loss to Khabib isn't disgraceful for any fighter to endure.

Back