What will Cain do differently against Werdum

Yeah you're right, Werdum could never send a chin to meet the ceiling with an uppercut like that!

He will work on his Thai Plum defense and submission defense from on top. Hopefully his cardio will look good.

Nothing. Cain was and will be outclassed everywhere.

Before Werdum showed us how solid his striking and clinch game are, this was an interesting match up. Now that Werdum has established that he is so well rounded, it is a nightmare match up for Cain.
At his best, Cain is a pressure fighter with terrific wrestling and GNP. Honestly, I think he has to have confidence in his strengths, and try to execute the same game plan that has taken him to the top. Putting opponents on their backs and beating them up.
Obviously, Werdum is a jj savant, but nobody is immune to getting punched and elbowed. If Cain gets subbed while trying to beat Fabricio up, then props to Werdum. It's terribly dangerous, but I really think it is his best chance.
I hope Werdum wins.

Why do you think he should retire now? That sounds bizarre. He is at the highest point of his career and this is his best chance to make bank. He has also been improving with every fight it seems and destroying his opponents. I think money is the biggest factor for most fighters but we as fans overlook that factor and assume that it's all about the legacy.

People tend to forget that these guys compete to feed their families. Werdum has been grinding at this sport for years, and is just now starting to realize the payoff for success. I'm sure he is happy to have the money.

I think this is the biggest reason we don't see more athletes "go out on top".

not get injured for almost 2 years and gassing withing 1 rng is my gues......

He will still lose tho!

Fight at sea level is the obvious answer, not gas after 1 round. Aside from that, hopefully train to avoid the clinch, that definitely got him even more tired. I think if he gets his cardio on point in this fight and avoids the clinch, he can win this. People forget he won the first round before gassing.

Werdum is a tough match for anyone right now, his striking has become too good to avoid his ground game....

Not sure, maybe Cain tests his luck on the ground more before he gasses this time, I just think Werdum is better than him everywhere right now

He will train harder, not gas, and perhaps work on a game plan that patches his weaknesses and capitalizes on Werdum's.

He was doing fine in round 1, he did win the round. He has to repeat that but take less damage and come in with better cardio

I don't think Cain has anything for him. Sea level or not. He may lose a decision this time though

Cain should try to fight Ronda instead, in a super fight. He's got a better chance against her. He could get some pointers from Floyd Mayweather about beating women.

I think Werdum should have retired, he's pretty old. Still rooting for him though.

Cain will definitely push the wall and maul angle. I see it ending the same way though.

Should have retired?? Why? He's the world champion. why should he retire?He seems to be getting better every fight. His stand up is light years better than it was.

It will take a little longer for him to lose this time.

Javier Mendez was yelling at Cain for angles between rounds but Cain was going straight at him. I'm imagining he's going to use his footwork and turn Werdum more so he'll be harder to hit by Werdum's straight punches and limit those. More like the strat against Big Nog I guess.

I'm not sure if Cain has got the rust off enough and I still think the kicks could still wear him down in this scenario.

Werdum has better cardio than Cain, Cain's cardio is UFC myth. He gassed out against JDS but JDS was even more tired after one round so he just couldn't keep Cain off him for the rest of their last two fights.

Why do you think he should retire now? That sounds bizarre. He is at the highest point of his career and this is his best chance to make bank. He has also been improving with every fight it seems and destroying his opponents. I think money is the biggest factor for most fighters but we as fans overlook that factor and assume that it's all about the legacy.

Because he has a lot of money as it is. I'm sure his family wants him to retire champion, instead of risking it. Im happy he's still fighting, but I just think as he gets older he's gotta want to stay safe.

Back