What will Cain do differently against Werdum

Cain will probably win this time. Werdum is slow and stiff, and can be beaten, expecting a mauling this time.

Fight at sea level is the obvious answer, not gas after 1 round. Aside from that, hopefully train to avoid the clinch, that definitely got him even more tired. I think if he gets his cardio on point in this fight and avoids the clinch, he can win this. People forget he won the first round before gassing.

Lol avoid the clinch? Its the strongest part of his game. We saw in the fight it was the one area where he seemed to be taking control.

Cain's gameplan is to use sea level to his advantage.

If he wants to win he will have to train seriously and come in prepared for a five round war. Since Cain seems to be a very pride guy i go against the general flow and say he's going to maul Werdum this time.

Cormier mentioned that Cain should have been going for single legs against Werdum so I expect him to do that.

I also expect him to get arm barred or triangled at some point. Everywhere Cain is good, Werdum has a counter. He's the worst match on paper in the division and I said that long before they fought.

People seem to forget that Cain also gassed in the Kongo fight. If you can keep Cain off you, you can gas him out and expose his poor defense.

Hopefully not have an excuse ready for when he loses again.. However, I think he already has one..

He is gonna lose anyway Werdum is no Jds but what will Cain try to do differently ?
He would be scared to take him down , he already got beat up in stand up he couldn't do anything in the clinch? so is he gonna try to be Jds and try to knock Werdum out.
I think knocking out Werdum is the only way Cain can win :eek:

he will fail the same way, but now without the elevation excuse!!! :redface:

Lol avoid the clinch? Its the strongest part of his game. We saw in the fight it was the one area where he seemed to be taking control.

Yeah because Werdum wasn't manhandling him with the Thai plum every time Cain got close right?

Yeah because Werdum wasn't manhandling him with the Thai plum every time Cain got close right?

Werdum was getting in some knees but Cain was holding him against the cage and getting in punches as well. He won the first round by doing that. It went far better for him then when he was standing on the outside taking punches to the face.

Cain has piss poor defense. He gets hit in every fight where he stands in striking range. He can't do that against Werdum.

im not really sure - i think a lot of us thought the line in the first fight was ridiculous, lot of us said he wasnt that much of a favorite, esp bc he couldnt really take it to the mat given how good werdum is off his back - i was surprised how much beter werdum looked in the striking department as well but that might be related to the fatigue - still, cain is an animal and he is more like a +200

he cant hang around inside vs werdum. he needs to strike on the way in and on the way out. onces hes in..push away and throw a bomb or two, then close again. he also should try some gnp when werdum goes on his back...get up if he feels danger but at least throw a few strikes each time they go down

Werdum was getting in some knees but Cain was holding him against the cage and getting in punches as well. He won the first round by doing that. It went far better for him then when he was standing on the outside taking punches to the face.

Cain has piss poor defense. He gets hit in every fight where he stands in striking range. He can't do that against Werdum.

Each time Werdum had Cain in his plum he was pulling down on Cain's neck with the weight of his body. That was the primary factor in why Cain was gassed after only the first. If he employs a similar game plan in the rematch expect the same result.

Cain had absolutely no answer for Werdum's plum. None.

Have more confidence in his sub-defense... and wear down Werdum on the ground.

Werdum beats Cain in every aspect of mma. There is really nothing that can be done about that.

He'll try not get rocked with a knee punch combo almost 2 minutes into the second round.

Back