What will Cain do differently against Werdum

He will probably not try and shoot a double.leg and do better on the feet. I think werdum will win again but Cain is a monster and if he lands a big shot he can put Werdum away

Cain missed a huge opportunity to kick the shit out of Werdum's legs when he flops to the ground, begging for Cain to get in his guard. Like this...

Donald%2BCerrone%2BBrutally%2BKicks%2BMyles%2BJury%2BUFC%2B182.gif

I think Cain can win if his conditioning is on point. People who count him out are just being ignorant. These are the same people who said he would never beat jds after the ko loss.

Cain will have a few things in his favor this time. 1. He will not be coming off a two year lay off. 2. He will not be fighting at 10k+ altitude. 3. He knows his opponents game plan.

I really think Cain has a good chance to win, which is really depressing because what next? A trilogy fight?

IMO, Cain won't do a damn thing different in terms of training differently. He might train to defend submissions but as far as "different", the altitude will be what's different

Cain will have a few things in his favor this time. 1. He will not be coming off a two year lay off. 2. He will not be fighting at 10k+ altitude. 3. He knows his opponents game plan.

I really think Cain has a good chance to win, which is really depressing because what next? A trilogy fight?

Lol what is Werdums game plan that Cain now knows? To outstrike him on the feet and out grapple him on the mat? I don't think Cain has any new advantage about Werdums game plan.

Werdum was getting in some knees but Cain was holding him against the cage and getting in punches as well. He won the first round by doing that. It went far better for him then when he was standing on the outside taking punches to the face.

Cain has piss poor defense. He gets hit in every fight where he stands in striking range. He can't do that against Werdum.

Clinch looked even, but Cain blew his wad fighting off the Thai clinch, and Werdum was conserving his energy way better.

There is no way Cain could keep that up over 5 rounds even if he went to the center of the earth.

Not fight in Mexico.

Clinch looked even, but Cain blew his wad fighting off the Thai clinch, and Werdum was conserving his energy way better.

There is no way Cain could keep that up over 5 rounds even if he went to the center of the earth.

If the clinch was even Cain wouldn't have won the first round. Werdum was good enough to not get mauled but that's the only area of the fight he had a slight disadvantage.

Cain is going to prove that he didn't gas because he wasn't well conditioned, but because he got rocked a couple times early in round 2, and never recovered. Up until then, he was winning. Watch the fight with no sound. Cain won round 1.

I think Werdum should have retired, he's pretty old. Still rooting for him though.

Cain will definitely push the wall and maul angle. I see it ending the same way though.

Kind of a weird post homie.
You think Werdum is too old and should retire, but you still think he would finish Cain?
Should Cain retire as well?

Werdum was getting in some knees but Cain was holding him against the cage and getting in punches as well. He won the first round by doing that. It went far better for him then when he was standing on the outside taking punches to the face.

Cain has piss poor defense. He gets hit in every fight where he stands in striking range. He can't do that against Werdum.

I agree that he was landing some pretty good shots at first, but I'm sure him having to constantly fight the Thai plum over and over every time he got near added to him gassing out so quick. There was a thread that explained it all floating around a couple weeks ago, makes perfect sense.

When I said avoid the clinch, I mainly meant, Werdum's, if he can manage to avoid Werdum grabbing a hold of him, then yes, the clinch is where he will do most of his damage, its where he beats everyone up. But Werdum found a great counter to that tactic, the plum and knees.

I can't see it going any differently. The fact that it is an instant rematch works AGAINST Cain I think. He's had no real time for significant improvement since the first bout.

Back