What were your favorite books as a kid?

Yeah I grew up on Enid Blyton, also Ronald Dahl, even read the Babysitters Club, I’d read anything basically.

You sound like me. Hell, I used to read my mother's Georgette Heyer romance novels in the bathroom when I'd finished my book in there...

I'd forgotten the Roald Dahl books too..

14445.JPG

26350.JPG

c8c3c22eb37a26c9765a8481f0082a50.jpg

The Hardy boys
The Hobbit
Isaac Asimov robot series
Biggles

Enid blyton
Olov svedelid
Never ending story
Stephen king
James clavell

rbmsl0.jpg

Along with the usual stuff like Goosebumps, etc.

What a badass cover!

Not a real book but entertaining af:
51bqnXw579L._SX305_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I remember reading this book on 2nd grade, not sure if it has been translated to english:
Laranja.jpg

Little kid: Dr Suess, BerenstEIN Bears.
Older: Choose Your Own Adventure, Hardy Boys
High School: To Kill a Mockingbird changed my summer one year. My favorite book of all time.

Animal Farm. i need to reread it but i loved it as kid.

matilda was my absolute favorite book as a child, i must've read that book 50x as a kid. as i got older, to kill a mockingbird really blew my mind, and by high school i read catcher in the rye probably 8x for english class.

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and Superfudge. Almost everything by Judy Blume. My sister's had all the 'girlie' books by Blume so I read those, too. LOL

Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark

R.L Stine's Goosebumps

Those Choose Your Own Adventures were mad corny but I read some of those too

Encyclopedia Brown

Redwall series ftw

I read quite of few of those books when I was like 10. None of the plots stuck with me, but I remember really liking the universe that the author created.

I read quite of few of those books when I was like 10. None of the plots stuck with me, but I remember really liking the universe that the author created.
my brother absolutely hated reading but he read this entire series. he absolutely loved it and couldn’t wait to read the next book

I used to read a lot of James Herbert books. The Rats, The Fog, Shrine, The Survivor etc.

And the old Fighting Fantasty multiple choice books, which are now popular again.

Dr Suess when I was little, I can still spit mad rhymes. Junior High started reading Piers Anthony and Heinlein. HS Bachman Books, King Dragonlance

And always Penthouse Forum, the best forum this side of the Sherdog Forums

Pretty much anything from Gary Paulson.

Animorphs is good shit. I actually re-read it in French a few years ago and I still enjoyed it.

enhanced-11596-1455896165-12.jpg
What a badass cover!

Not a real book but entertaining af:
51bqnXw579L._SX305_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I remember reading this book on 2nd grade, not sure if it has been translated to english:
Laranja.jpg

Oh damn, my brother had Bart Simpsons Guide to Life and I read the hell out of it. Totally forgot about it until you mentioned it. Fucking loved that book.

Loved this series as a kid
alfred-hitchcock-three-investigators_1_ea4ed5d9cdea7f5af12923a154ed8d6e.jpg

Loved Robert Ludlum, the real books not the ones others wrote in his name after he died.
Huge Tom Clancy fan.
Anything by Stephen King, including the Bachman books.
Didn't read Puzo's Godfather until high school, but damn his character building was special.
In college I got to read a copy of the original Star Wars treatment written by George Lucas. No big shock, but his storytelling was off the charts.

Back