What were your favorite books as a kid?

220px-The-War-of-the-Worlds-first-edition.jpg

This was huge for me as a kid. I'd call it a big inspiration but it's not like I've written shit, but I want to someday

Oh damn, my brother had Bart Simpsons Guide to Life and I read the hell out of it. Totally forgot about it until you mentioned it. Fucking loved that book.

You should download some PDF and re-read it, one of the best things they have made IMO. Really Simpson's old school.

I really like The Silmarillion. Shot was out of control. Bible but like cool, none of that weird morality shit, just cool stories. I looked it better than most things I've read.

Here’s a good mystery I had back in junior high. Remember school book fairs? Good times.

1295074.jpg

Goosebumps were my favourite as a kid. Until I read Animal Farm in my early teens. That has been my favourite book since.

What a great flashback this thread is. Forgot about so many of these. It was cool that we read Indian in the Cupboard and Jumanji in school BEFORE the movies ever came out.

One book I can't remember the name of was similar to Indian and the Cupboard but it was about a kid who had a tiny miniature castle he would shrink down to play inside it or something.

Hatchet was always a favorite of mine, I'd like to find that and read it now. Another one I loved and would love to reread is Island Of The Blue Dolphin about an island girl who's tribe leaves her behind on their island by accident or something and she has to survive by herself.

And Star Wars Shadows Of The Empire was so great, probably still my favorite Star Wars book, the story was better than any of the prequels or any of the new movies(it takes place in between Empire and Return). Lord Xzizor or whatever has to be one of the greatest villains in the whole Star Wars universe. Also Dash Rendar was awesome too.

The neverending story was great (the book is WAY better than the movie), and the hardcover book itself looked really nice. I read the one in my school library and asked my parents to get one for christmas
Neverending_20Story_20Leatherbound_20Book_205_200sq.jpg

Goosebumps were my favourite as a kid. Until I read Animal Farm in my early teens. That has been my favourite book since.
Animal farm is savage. I remember watching the animated movie when 8-9 years old. It was depressive, but hypnotizing at the same time.
I read the book as a teen, and continued with 1984. Real eye-openers to a world I wasn't that much aware of.

Back