What were your favorite books as a kid?

Loved Enid Blyton . British author with a huge amount of books.

Graduated into the
Conan , Shannara, Fighting Fantasy books.

This was my favourite book as a kid. I loved Roald Dahl just in general but this was a different sort of book from most of his stuff. Couldn't even count how many times I read it.

9780394831039-uk.jpg

Some of the other ones I remember enjoying from a little later on i.e 9-12 years old.

8134703.jpg

220px-The_Cay_cover.jpg

Tomorrow_When_The_War_Began_Front_Cover.JPG

Loved Enid Blyton . British author with a huge amount of books.

Graduated into the
Conan , Shannara, Fighting Fantasy books.

Yeah I grew up on Enid Blyton, also Ronald Dahl, even read the Babysitters Club, I’d read anything basically.

Hardy boys, those Matt Christopher sports books, hoops.

When i was real little The Berenstain Bears were my allbtime favorite

Pretty much anything from Gary Paulson.

Also, Animorphs is good shit. I actually re-read it in French a few years ago and I still enjoyed it.

enhanced-11596-1455896165-12.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty much anything from Gary Paulson.

Animorphs is good shit. I actually re-read it in French a few years ago and I still enjoyed it.

enhanced-11596-1455896165-12.jpg

Did you actually read the one at the top right? Why did that bitch choose to become a starfish? WTF LMAO

Did you actually read the one at the top right? Why did that bitch choose to become a starfish? WTF LMAO

Nah, I only read the first 20 or so books. After that, a ghost writer took over and it just wasn't the same. The first 20 books or so were really great, though. The covers don't do the series justice at all.

Nah, I only read the first 20 or so books. After that, a ghost writer took over and it just wasn't the same. The first 20 books or so were really great, though. The covers don't do the series justice at all.

I read up to the one where the Mexican kid turns into a gorilla. I enjoyed the few that I read but not enough to continue with the series.

That starfish cover has me cracking up. Why the FUCK would you ever want to become a starfish? LMAO.

Fantasy was my go to. Lord of the rings, hobbit and anything Terry Brooks. Then as I got a little older I was into Stephen King in a big way.

rbmsl0.jpg

Along with the usual stuff like Goosebumps, etc.

51qwTMAcUiL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

My daughter also adores Roald Dahl

Encyclopedia Brown.

Goosebumps and The Boxcar Children.

My favorite from the two.

9780807509753-us.jpg

latest

Outside of all the Bjarne Reuter-stuff (Bjarne Reuter is probably the biggest danish author of kids/youth novels) I was a major fan of Sherlock Holmes as a kid. I read all of Conan Doyle's novels/short stories several times, and I absolutely CANNOT watch the modern days Sherlock tv-series or movies cuz it messes with my childhood memories of the REAL Sherlock Holmes.

Who remembers reading Usborne puzzle adventures.

1547525.jpg

61BReUgVpiL._SX360_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51HBJVFC4QL._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

upload_2019-4-13_11-20-53.jpeg
This my favourite of a series about two boys who went around the world collecting animals for their father’s zoo. Randomly this one involved them signing up as crew on a whaling ship that would have been in service at least 100 years before the rest of the books were set. Can’t say it bothered me at the time though, loved that book...

Back