What was your worst subject during college/university?

Anything & all things "math". Oriented. That being said I knocked out more than the required amount of credits due here up in Canada which is/was 2 at the time. Got 4 for some reason. Tell ye's this, math came in handy as fuck from the first day of work; construction.

Everything that had little to do with what I was actually there for.

And now my vocation involves what I didn't got to college for.. Weird.

im picturin every1 who has trouble w) math as

sonata_dusk__math_lesson_meme_by_ticcielly38-d888jxx.jpg

sonata_meme__math__by_sonatadusklover-d848ghk.jpg

I was not an overall 4.0 student, more in the 3.8-3.9 range with advanced degrees. Statistics and chemistry were a cake walk for me, but inorganic was a somewhat more difficult, admittedly. The subject that I had the hardest time with was art. I cannot draw a straight line. Still aced the course due to my abstract nature, but I struggled with the projects that required precision.

Last edited:
I was not an overall 4.0 student, more in the 3.8-3.9 range with advanced degrees. Statistics and chemistry were a cake walk for me, but inorganic was a somewhat more difficult, admittedly. The subject that I had the hardest time with was art. I cannot draw a straight line. Still aced the course due to my abstract nature, but I struggled with the projects that required precision.

Do you even ruler bro?

My undergrad degree was in molecular genetics. The courses I had to take included molecular genetics (obviously), biochemistry, microbiology, population genetics (very statistics/math heavy), and both inorganic and organic chemistry.

I struggled the most with all variations of chemistry. Organic chemistry was like memorizing pictures of how compounds interact, biochemistry required memorizing too many pathways, and inorganic chemistry involved a lot of difficult algebra.

So yeah... Didn't like chemistry in undergrad.

Afterward I did law school. Worst grade I ever got, in 22 years of combined schooling from preschool at age 4 to 3L at age 26 was Conflicts of Laws, a subject about the interaction of laws from various jurisdictions eg: what to do when someone in Canada wants to sue someone in Germany over a contract that says it will be interpreted using Greek law, and the subject material of the contract is a widget manufactured in Brazil to be sold in the US. Shit was whack. Got a C-.

Hi there opposite me!

(Fine arts graduate)

Image Processing. Even though it is highly interesting to me, I think I lacked a solid foundation in signals and systems and digital signal processing which resulted in me having a hard time with a lot of image processing concepts. I still managed to pass the course because I was great at programming and did well on all the assignments that were mostly programming centric.

LMAO at math being hard...no wonder America constantly at the lower end of the spectrum in math compared to other industrialized nations.

http://www.businessinsider.com/pisa-rankings-2013-12?IR=T
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0923110.html

Bunch of people with learning disabilities exposed ITT. I tested out of math in Uni but chose to take Calc 1 my last semester so I had the credit for it and I scored 100% in every test.

Are you a musician by any chance? I'm fairly proficient in guitar and bass, been so most of my life. People always told music and math use the same parts of the brain or whatever how it goes.

Thats completely a myth. I was always King Tard in teh maths.

Sociology, first class everyone got a piece of paper with a animal on it ( I got frog) and had to act like it....

organic chemistry, engineering fluid mechanics, differential equations

Edit: Just realized this thread was about college, not grade school/high school. Don't want to waste the ten minutes it took me to write the following post, so I'll just leave it here in spoilers.

Always hated biology, chemistry, physics.

But like most subjects I had a hard time with, it had virtually nothing to do with the subject itself, and everything to do with the learning enviroment.

You had to find a lab partner for every excercise, you had to share the equipment, most of the time was spent without teacher supervision (teacher interaction was, of course, virtually nonexistent) so you had all kinds of peer-related issues to deal with, et cetera.

The classes felt like social events more than anything else. Or possibly like a prison shower room.

Looking back at grade and high school, my general recollection is that it was a shitty, shitty enviroment for learning. Almost tailor-made to obstruct learning, in fact.

Back