What was your worst subject during college/university?

Math. College kind of sucked for me tbh. I went after my military service and time in Iraq. All these young people wanted to party and goof off in class and I kind of felt like the old man in the corner with my cane shaking my fist at them. At the ripe age of 22 too.

I took Geology as a science elective thinking it would be easy. Most gruelingly boring experience I ever had to sit through.

I was all about the subjectively graded classes and ruled them.

But I've always wanted to go back and try some biology or chem or physics classes to see if I'm capable.

In high school Chemistry was my least favorite class as far as material goes and I sucked at it. Oddly enough it was one of my favorite classes when it came to the friends in it with me. I may have to rant a little about this class because it was set up so weird.

The teacher was a real strange guy. At first I hated him so much it was probably unhealthy. By the end of the year I got to like him as a person since he was unique, all the while still holding onto the belief he was a terrible teacher. He had multiple degrees from Columbia and was really smart. So I don't think he understood how students did not understand chemistry. He never lectured and the whole class was basically group work, with him coming around to lend a hand. He also did the flipped classroom, which is when you learn the material at home and do the work in class. Good in theory, but not in practice because there was no fucking way I (or most kids) was going to do the required work at home. Especially due to the fact it was something as boring as chem. This class was set up for failure from the start. Let me explain how a) I wasn't learning, or doing anything at home for this class, b) in class he wouldn't teach and since it felt so informal I would spend the time talking or on my phone. Now if this was a history class or some other subject that I excel in, I probably wouldve loved it. But since it was chem which Im not strong in it was a disaster. No surprise that I would do terrible on the tests and only did not fail because he allowed you to redo every test. Which I would take full advantage of the last day of every marking quarter.

I actually failed the second marking quarter, which was devastating at the time, since I was always a good student. I ended the year with a C+, which wasnt great but I was happy to be done with it. After that I swore a vow to never take another chemistry in my life. I much prefer Bio.

Also strange how my grandfather was a chem teacher for like 30+ years. Those genes totally missed me.

Well you pick what you do at uni....

but in high school if it was to do with maths or science, chances are I was shite at it.

Math. College kind of sucked for me tbh. I went after my military service and time in Iraq. All these young people wanted to party and goof off in class and I kind of felt like the old man in the corner with my cane shaking my fist at them. At the ripe age of 22 too.

did you try taking the stick out of your butt?
living on campus college is much different than living off

My undergrad degree was in molecular genetics. The courses I had to take included molecular genetics (obviously), biochemistry, microbiology, population genetics (very statistics/math heavy), and both inorganic and organic chemistry.

Yup. That's why I backed out into biopsych - cut down the shitty physical sciences and let me pick from a wide variety of soft but interesting psych courses.

I had no trouble with math but I actually got wtfpwned in history and philosophy of science - which in reality was history of science with a professor that I'm pretty sure was 80-90% deceased.

Without question chemistry. Just finished it last semester and it was like everything possible you could have wrong in a class.

Instructor was old (86), foreign (from Kenya With a major language barrier), didnt give a shit if we got the material, was flat out wrong about stuff but wouldn't correct himself, didnt understand why almost everyone in the class failed almost every test, said there was not supposed to be a final in the lab then two weeks before the end of the semester "surprise bitches! Decided to make a lab final"... over the course of the semester we had at least 24 people drop (mind you the class started with 24, 6 dropped the first day and 11 by the end of the second week), only 6 people bothered to show up for the final... I was happy to get a C (aside from it dropping my gpa to 3.47) in the class, and some how got an A in the lab final.

So much more could be said with how poor that class was, the worst part was that it was the only required class to apply for the program I am getting into, so if I dropped it I would have to wait a year to apply.

Back