What was the most out of line thing Dana/UFC have ever done.

goldentoe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For me it was throwing Jones under the bus and bashing him for UFC 151 being cancled. It was as classless as a company can get to except no responsibility and bash a man who was looking for the best interests of him and his family.

Last edited:
The Loretta Hunt tirade was pretty classic, I believe it was shortly after telling fighters not to swear on Spike TV he called her a fucking moron and a dumb fucking bitch.. then called somebody else in the same video a pussy, a fucking ********* and a liar.

edit: jeez, sherdog.. fa**ot then.

Editing Tito out of his achievements, because of personal reasons.

When it comes to treatment of fighters, either blaming JBJ for 151 or how he treated GSP. Both were just trash behavior.

Outside of dealing with fighters, who knows. Guy has quite a collection of greatest hits in shitty antics.

For me it was throwing Jones under the bus and bashing him for UFC 151 being cancled. It was as classless as a company can get to except no responsibility and bash a man who was looking for the best interests of him and his family.

I agree with this, And the GSP bashing. Also Raising the price on UFC 168.

I agree, and with that Dana inadvertently provided haters with yet another stupid and baseless reason to dislike Jones.

Of all the crazy and stupid shit that Dana has done and said, you bash him for being completely reasonable?

asinine

shitting on gsp is up there

Not sure I agree with that.

It only took a few hours for the hardcore GSP fans to start believing he edged that decision, but at the time, it absolutely stunk to high heaven. That fight was 48-47 Hendricks and it was very clear. As I remember it literally all of the major MMA media outlets had the fight 48-47 Hendricks without a shadow of a doubt. When GSP was read out as the winner Twitter, Facebook, the fan forums - everything - went into complete meltdown. The robbery/fix was in.

GSP chose that moment to immediately announce a sort of quasi-retirement. He was stepping away from the sport but he might/might not make a comeback at some point. So the UFC was faced with arguably their biggest star making a weird, barely comprehensible "temporary retirement" speech after one of the dodgiest decisions we've seen. That's a whole lot of damage to the brand after what in reality was a spectacular fight. That fight should have set up a massive rematch with Hendricks as champion.

GSP's speech obviously took the UFC brass by surprise. I don't think GSP's all to blame because he might have been planning to retire even if he won convincingly, but I felt for Dana at that point because a lot of the media and a lot of the fans (except for the most passionate GSP fanatics) felt angry and felt like there were questions that needed answering.

It was heat of the moment stuff. Most things are easier in hindsight.

I actually gained a lot of respect for Jones for not being bullied into taking that ridiculous Sonnen fight at UFC 151. Plus he made Dana go on one of his crybaby smear campaigns which was a hilarious embarrassment to witness.

Jon Jones 151 - Agree with poster above, was impressed with his inability to stand up to Dana and not be bullied.

GSP - Company great man wins a close fight and Dana acts like he sucks, killed his dog, and tries to prevent him from attending so he can defend himself.

Askren - Refusing to sign him and feeding us B.S.

Shields - Great resume and cut him because he didn't excite Dana.

The scary thing is all of the above are in the last couple of years, might just be selective memory, but I don't remember him being as absurd and derogatory towards his fighters back in the day.

I actually gained a lot of respect for Jones for not being bullied into taking that ridiculous Sonnen fight at UFC 151. Plus he made Dana go on one of his crybaby smear campaigns which was a hilarious embarrassment to witness.

He also said he wasnt going to let Chael talk his way into a title fight

Back