What was the most out of line thing Dana/UFC have ever done.

talking down on fedor / gsp.

his whole RR would beat mayweather is cringe worthy.

Being a die-hard Boston fan for every sport... He's from Boston, he should know better.

If he gives Nick Diaz a title short after going 0-2 it'll top this.

I'll go with the $100,000 fee instituted for any company wanting to sponsor a fighter.

Screwed so many fighters over with that rule.

It is a toss up, too many instances just to pick one. Going off about GSP , Erasing Tito from the books, Blacklisting MFS because of the IFL, Announcing fighters retirements before the fighter has a chance to do it themselves.

His approach to GSP after his last title fight.

Bunch of retards they are.. To publicly execute their biggest PPV draw..

titomoney-300x188.jpg

lol

Only they didn't actually do that. Tito tweeted about it and half the MMA community took it as fact when in reality they only counted from the establishment of the current weight classes (UFC 31, I believe) which excluded several of Tito and Chuck's wins. They applied it consistently and if they hadn't Chuck would have been number one. So, I think that's the least out of line thing they've done. Had they left Chuck's wins or something, sure, but they didn't. So, they didn't erase Tito's history, they just used a specific set of criteria under which Tito doesn't have enough wins to be on the list. That's all there is to it.

Anyway, to answer the topic, cutting Jake Shields is my answer. Even with his fights not being all that exciting he was still a top level fighter and probably at least somewhat of a draw. At least with Fitch you could argue that he was 1-2-1 in his last 4 prior to being cut and the win wasn't a "top" guy at the time, Jake was 2-1 with 1 no contest. His last two victories were over top guys who are still in the top 10 today (Woodley, who's possibly in the top 5, and Maia). Cutting him makes no sense and I still can't believe they did it.

Thanks for clearing that up!

cant be arsed trawling through to see if anyone has said it but what about firing someone from ATT because they wouldnt be in the UFC computer game for free!

Also writing Frank Shamrock out of the history books is a disgrace.

What Dana did regarding Randy going to Bellator.

About JBJ and UFC 151, what did Dana do that was out of line? I thought he only called Jon out for ducking the Chael fight? Guess I don't know enough about it.

Not sure I agree with that.

It only took a few hours for the hardcore GSP fans to start believing he edged that decision, but at the time, it absolutely stunk to high heaven.

seriously. it's amazing how many GSP fanboys turned on UFC & the entire sport after Dana shared his thoughts. the countless "MMA isn't the same with GSP, MMA is boring without GSP. nothing to look forward to etc. etc." threads created after were a joke too. all that did was confirm what I've been saying all along - a lot of the hardcore GSP fans don't give a shit about the UFC or MMA, they only care about GSP. they aren't true fans of the sport, but instead true fans of GSP no doubt. it's absolutely ridiculous when you think about it. just go into a GSP thread, share any criticism (legitimate or not) & 5 of these fanboys will immediately shit on you like you just punched their mom in the ovaries.

Nice "UFC makes me cry" thread. Carry on, sissies!

Saying that unlike boxing in the UFC we get all the fights the fans want to see and then not signing Askren.

I think the way he talked to Miesha saying You and You come here. He don't talk to Rousey that way! Take in mind he's speaking to an adult female.

Say that Tim Sylvia was the best heavyweight in the world when Nog, Fedor, and CC were over in Pride.

Back