What was the first Anderson Silva fight you ever saw?

FootstompShonie

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
On DVD I had seen him choke out Henderson which was an awesome performance prior, was on some shitty as laptop on a car trip to Las Vegas to visit UNLV on college visits.

SO, as the legend that is The Spider winds down his career, I was wondering what everyone's first memory of him fighting was, he was rarely in a boring, or at least unmemorable fight.

For me the first live fight was UFC 101 (the first PPV I had gotten was 98) when he clowned Forrest at 205.

But why did he you have to run from the ocatagon Griffin?...

110eqo3.gif

His first fight in the UFC, against Chris Leben.

Where Chris uttered these unfortunate & soon-to-be-immortalized words:

Yeah I think mine was Carlos Newton too... Or that one he came out doing the Wanderlei hands and then didn't really do much during the fight...

Carlos Newton too. I had a headache from just watching it. Knee of death that was

His first fight in the UFC, against Chris Leben.

Where Chris uttered these unfortunate & soon-to-be-immortalized words:

Lmao I know Ed Herman and have met Leben a couple times, he's the nicest guy, but fuck if that won't be played till the end of MMA history. Weird to think he was like 16-1 at that time, wonder what the odds were?

Same here. The night Fedor became the Pride HW champion.
Damn. I never got to watch Pride live, got into the sport too late. Watching back the cards is fun but can't imagine how epic it would be without knowing the results.

Anderson Silv..aha aha aha aha ahaaa.

Whichever one that was.

Anderson vs Lebon..All they were talking about is how much of a beast striker he was, then we got to watch

The destruction of Leben.... And I was very impressed. I remember thinking "who the fuck is this guy"

Last edited:
Back