What was the first Anderson Silva fight you ever saw?

"Tony.. You talk too much.. Things will happen."

Good times! :)

"Tony.. You talk too much.. Things will happen."

Good times! :)
elbow%20KO.gif

I watched the Newton but not live the first one I watched live was fight versus Leben

Lmao I know Ed Herman and have met Leben a couple times, he's the nicest guy, but fuck if that won't be played till the end of MMA history. Weird to think he was like 16-1 at that time, wonder what the odds were?
All I remember about that fight was that Joe Rogan seemed to be the only one who knew what was about to happen. Casual fans or "TUF noobs" were expecting another Leben win by KO, and Goldberg was like 'here we go, Crippler looks ready', and Joe said something like 'No, this Anderson guy is a different level of striker' because he had been following his career. I think the odds had Anderson as a slight favorite, because the house was starting to get wise to MMA outside of the UFC around then.

Same dude..

and I was lucky enough to see the Stout, Rivera and Frykland fights in person which is what made me truly geek out for him.
I'm so envious, you literaly witnessed the rise of a legend in the flesh

Newton and the flying knee

I'm so envious, you literaly witnessed the rise of a legend in the flesh
I always remember my buddy capturing the Frykland elbow with his shitty phone and as he handed it to my other friend it was accidentally deleted and they started arguing like they would never be able to rewatch it lol I swear they thought it was 1976 not 2006

Damn. I never got to watch Pride live, got into the sport too late. Watching back the cards is fun but can't imagine how epic it would be without knowing the results.

It was pretty crazy. Fedor was actually a pretty big under-dog against Nog at the time. Nog had very crisp hands back in the day and a style of BJJ you just didn't see from the HWs. Fedor was only really known for his GnP and many people thought Nog would sub him.

When he figuratively sent Leben to Japan where the competition is easier.

Against Roan Carneiro.

It was the Leben fight. When I saw it I said "that guy's gonna kill Rich Franklin". A few months later when he fought for the belt I said that to a few guys at the sports bar and they laughed like I had no clue.

Who's laughing now muther truckers!

Back