What was the first Anderson Silva fight you ever saw?

The night the shark took his leg home, i was in complete amazement. Still haven't seen a slicker flying scissor heel hook since

Chonan. Seriously. Bas was talking up Andy, however. Like he had what it took to be a champion. Then, oops.

His first fight in the UFC, against Chris Leben.

Where Chris uttered these unfortunate & soon-to-be-immortalized words:

This was golden. I actually agreed with Chris because i had no idea who Anderson was.

But Leben my first too, first live was against Cote.

Leben, but a buddy of mine was saying he was killing it in England.

Against Leben and thinkn where dafuq this guy come from. Seen everyone of his fights since

First live fight I saw him in was UFC 101 against Forrest. I already knew of his legend prior, but that was the first time I watched him live since I only got into the sport around UFC 100. And what a performance that was, I immediately became a fan.

maia, maybe thats why i was never as fanatical about him as some others. perhaps I was just late to othe party. That fight was bad and it left a sour taste in my mouth . especially for someone just getting into the sport, I felt like he was the opposite of what I got hooked into. I realize now that was a horrible fight to be just getting into something

Mine was much before that... Vs Alex Stiebling at Pride 21 in 2002... Can't believe that was 2002 now...Chute Box was fucking LEGENDARY

I saw this skinny black kick boxer get taken down and submitted by some little asian man and scratched my head wondering if it was one of their fixed fights or if it was just the coolest finish ever. Then I learned who Silva truly is when he cracked lebens skull like melon with the thai plum and knees.

His first fight in the UFC, against Chris Leben.

Where Chris uttered these unfortunate & soon-to-be-immortalized words:

Same here. I had watched a few early UFCs (like 1-6 or so) in high school then tuned out during the dark ages while in college. I rejoined into the MMA world around 2005 or so starting with UFC and then some pride but I never actually saw Anderson fight live in pride.

Last edited:
Back