What the hell happened to this guy?

nobody knows. but there are still people out there who think he can be UFC champ, they wear pants below their ankles, talk like they have mild brain damage and love to talk in sign language.

Respect for trying MMA, he was a brawler. Fights weren't the most entertaining but was excited when I heard he was fighting. If only they brought him in at 30.

Always an exciting fighter to watch on you-tube, it looks like he has built in brass knuckles

Remember when Rutten threw him under the bus after giving him the highest of praise?

he was the first guy to ever expose Dana marketing hype and lies. Trashed Kimbo and said he can come to the UFC if he wins TUF. Gets a shit load of viewers while losing. Dana starts to kiss his ass and hang on his balls for the $$$.

i felt the same

Kimbo was a struggling street brawler who got exposure and tried his hand at mma. He was too old and didn't make it. end of story. I enjoyed following his journey. Leave the guy alone ffs. he's alright.

nobody knows. but there are still people out there who think he can be UFC champ, they wear pants below their ankles, talk like they have mild brain damage and love to talk in sign language.

no there aren't. probably never were. Lose the hate.

What Isa posted.
He had some pro boxing fights, all four rounders, last time he fought was January 2013.
Record of 7-0 with 6 KOs, fighting other inexperienced boxers
opponent, opponent's record at time of fight, and current record
James Wade, 0-1, 0-3
Tay Bledsoe, 2-3, 2-4
Charles Hackmann, 0-1, 1-2 (only fight to go to a decision)
Brian Green, 0-0, 0-1
Jesse Porter, 3-4, 3-5
Howard Jones, 5-4, 5-5
Shane Tilyard, 6-6, 6-7

A can crushing other cans.

Because you are supposed to fight title contenders from the start in boxing right? Try looking at the first 20 fights of any champ and all you'll see is journeymen fighters.

On TUF he revealed himself to be a cool, chilled out motherfucker just trying make some money throwin' down. I'm glad he got a short stint in the UFC, good for him.

This pretty much. I liked his stint on TUF.

if you can find one legit post of anybody claiming he'd ko fedor i'll paypal you 10 euros.

Let's be real here. In an MMA fight Fedor would want nothing to do with Kimbo's standup. If the fight stayed on the feet for an entire round, I would give a 90% chance of Kimbo KO'ing Fedor. He has the power, speed, and accuracy even at 40 years old.

Obviously not the weakest punch ever! Literally or figuratively.

And you obviously know little about punching - a punch doesn't need a huge wind up to be powerful.

It couldn't have been a very strong punch I think Seth was even on one leg when he threw it. It looked like he wanted to throw a push kick or front kick then threw a punch instead.

I liked him. He seemed like a nice guy and had the balls to get in there and give it a go.

I was and still am a Kimbo fan. Dude took his loss to Petruzelli (sp?) like a man and was always interesting to listen to. Like he would go kind of deep but not like "this guy's on drugs" deep but more spiritual or something. Kind of like Evan Tanner. As goofy as that sounds. Kimbo was underappreciated, as a business commodity. If Dana had made Lesnar/Kimbo it would have been the biggest draw in UFC history.

I always defend this guy. he has balls. boxing is more his "thang," but he stepped up and fought in mma because he was challenged, more or less. he put himself on tv in front of millions, with just as much to lose as he had to gain. he knew after a few training sessions (well before TUF) that he wasn't gonna fare well in the UFC. dana opened his big mouth, and kimbo (perhaps, foolishly) stepped up.

I remember EVERYBODY at my job decided to tune in to TUF and thought he was gonna wreck the competition. clearly, I was the only mma fan, and after explaining that he would be eliminated from the competition in the preliminary round (and I said the big FAT white guy would win the whole thing), they still didn't believe me.

not only does that make me look even more like a douchebag know-it-all, but it goes to show you how he was perceived by casual fans. he had A LOT to lose.

and people say there's no freakshows in the ufc. total embarassment that should've never happen in the first place.

I respect Kimbo as a fighter. He was not the best, but he gave it what he had.

Let's be real here. In an MMA fight Fedor would want nothing to do with Kimbo's standup. If the fight stayed on the feet for an entire round, I would give a 90% chance of Kimbo KO'ing Fedor. He has the power, speed, and accuracy even at 40 years old.

What in the silly hell are you talking about? Fedor would overwhelm him with clobbering punches and have him wilting in a matter of seconds.

and people say there's no freakshows in the ufc. total embarassment that should've never happen in the first place.

How was it a freak show? It's not like they gave him an instant title shot, he was on TUF. 0-0 guys have been on TUF ffs.

Back