What the hell happened to this guy?

thing is Kimbo was good enough to fight in the UFC from street fighting.

He got a reality check once he fought on TUF 10 and got beat by Roy Nelson. But Kimbo's a nice guy overall, I wish him the best of luck in his future. The way he beat former hyped up fighter Houston Alexander is impressive

he's studying to become a marine biologist

That is poisoning the well. You can't broadly discount any opinion outside of your own truth, and then say they were just joking. What if I said there isn't a single person who legitimately thinks Cain could beat Ronda, then said all the people who said so were "trolling"? You GREATLY overestimate the intelligence of sherdog, as a populous, if you think not a single person on here genuinely believes Kimbo would KO Fedor.

Those were all trolls. The fact that you're now trying to sound smart is laughable.

Especially this one:

"20 seconds. Kimbo Petruzelli's Fedor, and then paints his head pink. Kimbo by anything he wants, anytime he wants. He'll knock that sly cocky smile off of Fedor's face, and send the communist Christian back to his mob boss Vadim. Vadim may even execute Fedor for letting down Mother Russia. "

Who could possibly be dumb enough to think that was serious?

He got a reality check once he fought on TUF 10 and got beat by Roy Nelson. But Kimbo's a nice guy overall, I wish him the best of luck in his future. The way he beat former hyped up fighter Houston Alexander is impressive
72rck6.gif

lol, it was a strange fight to say the least

He got picked up yesteday by the Cleveland Browns as starting Fullback.

Cro Cop is Back said:
I remember some Sherdoggers claiming he'd knock out Fedor in a Super fight.
lol holy shit :icon_lol:

On TUF he revealed himself to be a cool, chilled out motherfucker just trying make some money throwin' down. I'm glad he got a short stint in the UFC, good for him.

this, I thought the hype was so silly and in a way insulting to MMA but once he showed how chill he was on TUF I was happy for him to get the opportunity. Guy just likes to throw them hands and wants to make money for his family. He put on an absolutely pathetic showing against Houston(both did) but other than that tried his hardest to become as well rounded as he could as quickly as possible.

I'll give Him his due and say he was an above average boxer with decent punching power. Other than that, he wasn't good enough to be an mma fighter.

Houston Alexander threw his fight with Kimbo. I don't know who was behind it but Houston got paid for letting Kimbo win. Houston was never seen again in the UFC after that fight.

I like how his tattoo says no fear and he totally bitched out when they wanted to give him the knee injection on TUF.

On TUF he revealed himself to be a cool, chilled out motherfucker just trying make some money throwin' down. I'm glad he got a short stint in the UFC, good for him.

I got that from him too.

Clicked on this expecting a Brett Rodgers thread, for some reason.

Never mind Kimbo - what happened to Bobby Lashley? Did he give up on MMA?

I was flipping channels last night, saw the King Mo/Rampage special coming on Spike at 11am, just before it came on TNA Wrestling was about to go off, here comes Bobby Lashley out of the back to put a beat down on a guy.

If he's cutting weight, he didn't look anywhere near 205lbs., more like 240-250 or so.

Elite XC used Kimbo as a cash cow/illusion over the casual fan. If people didn't watch MMA that much or if at all, Elite XC tried to make him look like an unstoppable wrecking machine to the public.

With that said, you can't say he didn't have some "fishy" looking MMA fights. The fight with Cantrell (Red Rum) looked fixed to me from the moment I watched it, Cantrell was tapping out before he even took a punch on the ground, then you had the announcers trying to make it look legit, Frank Shamrock stating, "Bo looked into the eyes of a demon and wanted out."

The Tank Abbott fight was similar. I could see Tank taking a handy pay day to take a dive at his age, he even went down funny/awkwardly at the end of the fight, a face first plant. Tank didn't seem like he was throwing all out either.

As for the "Colossas" fight. That was the first big show on network TV, with CBS airing it. You couldn't have Kimbo losing for your company at that point, if you want a return audience for the next showing viewing at home. Realistically, the fight should have been stopped in 2nd round, when "Colossas" landed about 30 straight un-answered blows to a grounded Kimbo, but it was allowed to continue. Then, Kimbo has his "emergency button" to win the fight when aiming for that Softball size, puss-infected looking ear.

I don't know what to think about the Houston Alexander fight. I thought both fighters would throw down more than they did, but it appeared that neither had the gas tank for fighting that night. That was probably the strangest fight I've watched in the UFC (other than A. Silva vs. D. Maia), but Kimbo did get the win.

Now, I guess the guy's just still trying to make a buck. I've seen a couple of his boxing matches on youtube, and in one I think he forgot where he was, and actually landed a take down on his opponent. I hope the guy continues to make some money, but you can see how he was used for other's benefits along the way....

those people were all trolling, not one person i have ever talked to on here thought kimbo would beat fedor, just the things they are saying like it would be easy for kimbo just means u got trolled and actually believed these guys... lol

Ban.

I believe kimbo would ko fedor.

Back