What should be next for Julianna Peña?

Try to campaign for a fight with Nunes that just won't happen.

Harrison is next.

Shes not attractive so who cares.

Yes, at this point, with all these decisions from wmma, that's what I want most.

Weve got tons of other fights to get our 'fight fix.' I dont care if ugly girls are fighting, but if a hot one is and shes winning, then we got something different.
Julianna Pena is at least moderately attractive

I want Pena vs Norma Dumont. I like Dumont she’s technical and got skills

Not a rematch with Pennington for sure but maybe with Valentina because it would make it a super fight since it's champ vs champ

With Nunes it would be a trilogy, they are 1-1
Lol, come on now

I know you are a huge Val fan, but Pena vs Val is not a super fight

A rm.atch with Pennington honestly as Pwnnington was robbed. Not a fight ANYONE wants but it is the correct one to make. Kayla vs Norma on same card winners fight after.

Kayla should fight for the title. Pennington can duel it out with Dumont.

Yeh, it is, but that don't mean Kayla should skip everyone just because she beat way out of prime Holly.

Not like UFC are going to do it any other way. Kayla is 34. To make the most out of her business wise they need her champ now. If she'd done like 4 fights before a title fight or something she'd be like 36-37 before getting the belt. Then they likely wouldn't get too much business with her at the top before she retires.

I don't think they'll get a ton of business out of her even now. I can see her winning the belt and retiring after a title defense or something.
She's not skipping everyone though. She beat #2 Ketlen, why fight down? it's waste of time. Also they're going to need challengers for Kayla to fight if she wins the belt. If she beats everyone worth beating, who does she defend against? The division is shallow af, there's only like 2 girls who are going to be getting a TS anytime soon. Macy and Norma.

She's not skipping everyone though. She beat #2 Ketlen, why fight down? it's waste of time. Also they're going to need challengers for Kayla to fight if she wins the belt. If she beats everyone worth beating, who does she defend against? The division is shallow af, there's only like 2 girls who are going to be getting a TS anytime soon. Macy and Norma.

Ketlen shouldn't have been #2. What the fuck has she done? Split against washed Holly. Didn't look amazing against old Tate. Couldn't do shit against Pannie of all people in round 3.

But the rankings don't mean anything. They're just a tool the UFC uses to help promote upcoming fights. Some fighters move up all the time without fighting just so their lower ranked fav who is fighting them can be seen as fighting up more.

Kayla could have fought Macy, Mayra, Yana, Dumont, or Aldana, but no she gets the worst version of Holly and then Ketlen for a title shot lol.

I do get your point that they'll need challengers if Kayla becomes champ, but I'd like to have seen at least 1 more decent opponent at least before the title shot.

Ketlen shouldn't have been #2. What the fuck has she done? Split against washed Holly. Didn't look amazing against old Tate. Couldn't do shit against Pannie of all people in round 3.

But the rankings don't mean anything. They're just a tool the UFC uses to help promote upcoming fights. Some fighters move up all the time without fighting just so their lower ranked fav who is fighting them can be seen as fighting up more.

Kayla could have fought Macy, Mayra, Yana, Dumont, or Aldana, but no she gets the worst version of Holly and then Ketlen for a title shot lol.

I do get your point that they'll need challengers if Kayla becomes champ, but I'd like to have seen at least 1 more decent opponent at least before the title shot.
Well that leads back to what I originally said. Division is shallow lol. You don't have to do much when the depth of the division is liken to a kiddie pool. I do agree though, I think Kayla could have squeezed one more fight in before getting a TS as well, but Kayla vs Pena is just too much of an easy sell. Plus I don't think anyone really cares to see Pena fight anyone else but Kayla.

Harrison x Pena

Chiasson x Dumont (it's a rematch I believe) title eliminator

Pennington x Aldana or Holm or Vieira

Even if Nunes comes out of retirement, i doubt she would defend her title after beating Pena

Nunes is retired, and if she's smart she'll stay retired. There's nothing to gain, everything to lose, and she doesn't need the money.

Kayla is next.

Back