What records will never be broken?

Johnny Vander Meer's back-to back no hitters
Ricky Henderson's 1406 stolen bases. (no racist)
Barry Bonds' 7 MVP's, 2558 walks, 120 intentional walks in a season, 762 HR's
Dock Ellis' no hitter on acid
All of Cy Young's eight records listed on baseball reference.

I could go on, but I don't want to ruin the thread.

<WhatIsThis>

Rickey Henderson is awesome!

he never comes up in goat talk, but for me hes P4P

Whoever holds the innings pitched and wins record in MLB

Guys can barely get past 6 anymore.

I don't think Lemieux would have broken it. Gretzky averaged 1.92 points per game, while Lemieux averaged 1.88 points per game. Even if Lemieux played another 600 games with that points per game pace he would still be short by 6 points.

I also doubt he could have held that PPG pace for the next 600 games. He would have faded in the later end of his career.

Maybe.

One thing is for sure, in his brief prime Lemiuex was the king.

maxresdefault.jpg

12x Nathan's champion and counting. No one in our lifetime will surpass his greatness.

That's America's greatest athlete right there.

Boxing has a few that are unlikely to be beaten. The longest fight was 110 rounds, which took 7 hours 19 mins. Nobodies dumb enough to fight for that long anymore.

Reggie Strickland's record will probably last forever as well. The guy had 363 fights - 66 wins and 276 losses.

MMA has as few as well, but they all belong to Travis Fulton.

Single season wins for pitcher since they don't have as many starts with bigger rotation.

All time HR record. Single season HR record also hard.

Rickey Henderson is awesome!

he never comes up in goat talk, but for me hes P4P
Strong case for greatest lead off hitter of all time and undeniably HOF worthy. Plus it's funny to hear him talk about himself in the third person. haha.

That's America's greatest athlete right there.

Boxing has a few that are unlikely to be beaten. The longest fight was 110 rounds, which took 7 hours 19 mins. Nobodies dumb enough to fight for that long anymore.

Reggie Strickland's record will probably last forever as well. The guy had 363 fights - 66 wins and 276 losses.

MMA has as few as well, but they all belong to Travis Fulton.
Awesome. We tend to think about the best records without considering the worst. 276 losses? .182 win % lol

Don Bradman's test battling average will never even come close to being touched. It's the most incredible sports record of all time.

Nothing else even comes close.

It would be like Khabib going 100-0 in the UFC for comparison.

Whoever holds the innings pitched and wins record in MLB

Guys can barely get past 6 anymore.

Cy Young's numbers will likely make you laugh. They're beyond ridiculous. I mean the guy pitched 40+ complete games in a season 9 times.

The sexual train run on your mother. Impossible to break.

Don Bradman's test battling average will never even come close to being touched. It's the most incredible sports record of all time.

Muttiah Muralitharan's test wickets record I don't think will ever be broken, maybe Joe Root or Steve Smith might have a shot at Tendulkar's runs record but I suspect within the next decade there won't be as much test cricket anymore in favour of one dayers and T-20.

I thought cosmos oot run but it's been crushed...

These records are impressive until you realize his competition are Indians, Pakistanis, and the Welsh. Not exactly known for their athletic prowess.

Back