What quote changed your outlook on life

Was talking about this just yesterday, not so much a life changer, but something that kind of sums me up

'We did not ask for this room or this music. But because we are here, let us dance'

Really good one.

Similarly one of my favourites is: "Better to Light a Candle Than to Curse the Darknes".

Want some crack?

Changed. My. Life.
No decision is worse than a bad decision.
I sort of hate when statements inadvertently go two, opposing, ways. Like, that's not what I meant.

And sometimes I think it's cool, like in "Will anybody find me someone to love?"

I stand corrected. I remembered it being used a military motto.
It means the same thing. I just remember seeing Who Dares Wins the first time and being befuddled. Ultimately, it's an awesome three words, but at first I had assumed it was a question.

lol coincidently this phrase kinda did sharpen my appreciation for ultra concise phrasing, something I rarely achieve.

Democracy is the worst form of government... Except for all the rest of them.
Winston Churchill

It means the same thing. I just remember seeing Who Dares Wins the first time and being befuddled. Ultimately, it's an awesome three words, but at first I had assumed it was a question.

lol coincidently this phrase kinda did sharpen my appreciation for ultra concise phrasing, something I rarely achieve.

"Brevity is the soul of wit" by Shakespeare is prob the quote that had the most influence on me. Before that I was like a WR poster, spamming paragraphs of discussion and debate when all I really needed to do was post like 5 words about my dick

Arggh, dude, you could have bought a ledger hardware wallet for $70 and filled it with at least $400 worth of bitcoin instead...... and you would still have your 5$ cash.

The April US $1200 Stimulus cheque converted to bitcoin Is now worth.......

Already have a ledger wallet. But yeah I cashed out like a year ago. Who knew....

We have so much time, and so little to do...
-Willy Wonka

“Death is always on the way, but the fact that you don't know when it will arrive seems to take away from the finiteness of life. It's that terrible precision that we hate so much. But because we don't know, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.”

"They said follow your heart but sometimes your heart cuts a fart"

Back