What quote changed your outlook on life

But seriously,

Make a decision and stick with it. Life is too short for second guessing.

No decision is worse than a bad decision.

However, "you got to know when to hold em and when to fold em". It's ok to quit sometimes.

Last edited:
But seriously,

Make a decision and stick with it. Life is too short for second guessing.

A bad decision is worse than no decision.

However, "you got to know when to hold em and when to fold em". It's ok to quit sometimes.

I think you got that second decision one inverted..

The less you know the better.
It's better to have Sardines in the oven than an axe in the ass.
Happiness ist to men what Haiti is to the sea.

So I was watching a video a week ago on YouTube and a guy bough a pair of watch for 3k. In the comment section someone wrote that this is an expensive pair of watch and he replied by saying "Expensive to me is something that I cannot afford". By the way the guy is just a regular construction dude who works for someone. He is not rich by any means and only has 3k followers on his channel. This led me to think why am I not buying the things I really want if I can afford it. I have to admit i'm one of those people who likes to save up money. Life is short and we need to buy and enjoy the things we really want. So right away I bough a Gucci wallet that I really wanted for like a year but couldn't pull a trigger.

What quote by someone changed your outlook on life? Can be just a regular person or someone famous.

A Friend and Mentor of mine goes by the Mantra , " If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you "

Thats my cue to work harder on projects or put more effort into a run or workout.

The one in my sig:
“It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.”
Also: “You have to be willing to let go of the life you planned for yourself, in order to have the life that’s waiting for you.”
That quote and the one in my sig are both Joseph Campbell.

Was talking about this just yesterday, not so much a life changer, but something that kind of sums me up

'We did not ask for this room or this music. But because we are here, let us dance'

Pointy Birds
Pointy Birds
Pointing At My Head
Pointy Birds
Pointy Birds
Pointy Pointy
Nointy Nointy

quote-the-industrial-revolution-and-its-consequences-have-been-a-disaster-for-the-human-race-theodore-kaczynski-74-94-79.jpg

So I was watching a video a week ago on YouTube and a guy bough a pair of watch for 3k. In the comment section someone wrote that this is an expensive pair of watch and he replied by saying "Expensive to me is something that I cannot afford". By the way the guy is just a regular construction dude who works for someone. He is not rich by any means and only has 3k followers on his channel. This led me to think why am I not buying the things I really want if I can afford it. I have to admit i'm one of those people who likes to save up money. Life is short and we need to buy and enjoy the things we really want. So right away I bough a Gucci wallet that I really wanted for like a year but couldn't pull a trigger.

What quote by someone changed your outlook on life? Can be just a regular person or someone famous.

Aperture Science has as one of their mottos "We do what we must because we can". It's an important quote to me because it instantly reminds me that none of this makes any sense, never has and never will, which is like a pressure release valve for me on days when I start taking my life even slightly seriously

Back