• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Old TV Shows Would You Like to See Revived?

Adrian Paul for me though always had the acting range of a block of wood which didn't help and I think it became too convoluted with stuff like the watchers, entertaining(especially with some of the guest stars like Roger Daltry) but not great. I actually felt they missed an opportunity not going with a Claudia Christian spinoff there as well, she seemed well suited to that kind of pulp environment whilsts till having some acting chops as in Babylon 5.

The concept definitely has a ton of potential that's arguably never truly been tapped, I mean I love the original film and it does have some effective drama but a lot of its success is IMHO as arguably the best MTV style cinema ever made, mixing elements that shouldn't have worked but somehow did. I must admit I was always hoping someone like Ridley Scott or Nolan would do a big screen remake but I spose you could argue the John Wick films have shown a decent amount of class and if they get the casting right(Dave Batista is looking increasing well suited for the Kurgan) it could work well.
They needed to do a Methos spinoff like everyone pretty much wanted back in 1998 instead of Amanda. That dude was for more interesting with a much longer darker history.
Adrian Paul is a bit too old to play an unaging immortal nowdays. They would have to either reboot it (which they could possibly easily mess up) or add to it from a new characters perspective within the same universe. Of course they would need to be from the Highlands of Scotland, but one from a pictish tribe would count and it would have a history to work with all the way to the BC era. Plus they could then take the character a different route than Duncans boyscout.

They needed to do a Methos spinoff like everyone pretty much wanted back in 1998 instead of Amanda. That dude was for more interesting with a much longer darker history.
Adrian Paul is a bit too old to play an unaging immortal nowdays. They would have to either reboot it (which they could possibly easily mess up) or add to it from a new characters perspective within the same universe. Of course they would need to be from the Highlands of Scotland, but one from a pictish tribe would count and it would have a history to work with all the way to the BC era. Plus they could then take the character a different route than Duncans boyscout.

Interesting to see who they cast in the film remake, personally I think Fassbender would work pretty well, has that same kind of strangeness to him that Lambert did, arguably why he hasn't been cast much as in standard heroic roles but I think well suited to this role.

Last edited:
Unsolved mysteries and WIld and Crazy Kids... and Nick arcade...

Baywatch

Knight Rider

Starsky and Hutch

Dukes of Hazzard

The new MacGyver sucks.

Transformers - make it like the original cartoon
GI Joe - only make it more hardcore. There was a trailer released years ago that implied they were going to do that, with more realistic fighting and Snake Eyes actually killing a guy, but then that was the last i heard of it.
Did you ever see the GI Joe: Resolute short animated film Warren Ellis wrote? That was pretty hardcore, I could have done with a full series of that.

Titus
OZ
Drawn Together
Two guys, a girl & a pizzaplace

SEINFELD

There's a whole twitter page dedicated to potential seinfeld plots set in moden day. It would still be as great today as it was in the 90's.

1200px-A-Team-Logo.svg.png

Interesting to see who they cast in the film remake, personally I think Fassbender would work pretty well, has that same kind of strangeness to him that Lambert did, arguably why he hasn't been cast much as in standard heroic roles but I think well suited to this role.
I think Fassbender would be great for Connor.

Back