What office chair do you use?

I think Ancheer Mount Desk Chair is the best office chair on the market . This is like the 'Cadillac' of chairs. Wow. I know it comes with a hefty price tag but if you can afford it, it is worth every penny. First of all, when the box arrived, it was heavy. As I took parts out of the box, I was really impressed with the quality of everything. The metal legs and back were solid and super shiny - beautifully finished. The assembly was easy and took less than 20 minutes. It comes with an allen wrench (complete with a handle so no digging in as you turn).

This in black. It may look a little goofy but they are intended for 8 hours+ sitting. It's comfortable, doesn't get sweaty and is well built.

Leather chairs are the devil and will eventually start peeling and tearing. This feels like sitting in a comfortable car seat.

oh-da02-gn_03.jpg

BQ2_Sdmb.gif

i sit on a couch,my computer is ona coffee table. filthy casuals

Not sure, whatever was in there with the desk/office

Decent Steelcase office chair for work. I think my home office chair blows it away though. I didn't get to choose me workplace chair, just was issued. It serves its purpose though. Good recline and decent cushions. Armrests are a must for my office chair just for my elbows and when I'm getting my lean on. I most certainly do not have proper chair posture. Keep an old box under my desk to kick my feet up on and gangster lean it 90% of the day in front of my 3 monitors.

Perhaps this is better suited for the videogame/computer forum, but after years of wanting a Herman Miller or Steelcase office chair, I managed to get an off lease one (Steelcase Leap v2) for $199 (Normally retails for $1200 Canadian, $2000 when it first came out).

While 90% of people don't care about what they sit on, if you sit a desk for a living, investing in a high quality chair is paramount.

The chair is ugly as sin, but is so damn comfortable. I was debating between this and the HM Aeron (which the store also had), but I ended up choosing the Steelcase for the sheer amount of adjustment/customization.

So Mayberry, what chair do you sit on?

Paying attention to the way office interiors are furnished is important both for aesthetic and functional reasons, particularly where office chairs are concerned. Employees spend on an average of eight hours a day in an office chair. Medical research has shown that prolonged sitting is dangerous and is associated with a higher risk of heart disease, diabetes, obesity, depression as well as back and joint problems (Schulte, 2015 ¹). With this in mind, employers should start considering the importance of comfortable office chairs, as they can have an immense impact on the health of the person sitting in them. Companies would benefit from healthy employees who perform better and a work environment that is comfortable and motivating. Hence, companies can consider using ergonomic office chairs that can help in increasing employees’ comfort levels at work and thus their productivity. Some of the factors employers should consider while buying ergonomic chairs for the workplace are:

Adjustable controls

Companies should make sure that chairs can be adjusted according to the personal requirements of employees. For example, the user should be able to adjust the height of the chair, in order to look comfortably at their PC’s monitor screen. This can help employees concentrate better on the tasks at hand as it gives them a more comfortable viewing angle.

Lumbar support

Sitting for long periods of time without proper back support leads to slouching. This can flatten the natural inward curve of the lumbar spine, putting undue strain on the vertebra and muscles in the lower back (Lefler, n.d. ²). Hence, a key factor to be considered by employers buying chairs is to check whether they offer lumbar support. A chair should have a lumbar adjustment option for height as well as depth so that employees can get a proper fit to support the lumbar spine.

Durability

Businesses tend to invest quite a lot of money in office furniture and equipment. It would be wise to make purchases that would suffice as good one-time investments. Hence it is important to consider the durability of items such as chairs, desks, etc. Durable materials and well-built frames should be selected for office seating. Outdoor sitting areas could be furnished with durable plastic chairs that would not get easily damaged by precipitation.

Style

While purchasing chairs for offices, the existing or planned interior décor of the office should be considered. The chairs should match the office’s décor and at the same time provide comfort. For example, an executive leather office chair can be suitable in a conference room or for the head of the department’s private office. Cohesion in style and décor can help companies make a good impression on clients, customers and visitors.

I strongly Recommend to go with Wilson Office Interiors. They are the best Office Chairs and Furniture.

I do not like any office chair with the side armrests.

Out of the leap, gesture, freedom, aeron, and embody, i like embody best.
Leap - height adj knob kept hitting right calf
Gesture - nice, 2nd place, leather surface got hot
Freedom - not enough adjustments. Arm rests going all the way down big plus for playing guitar
Aeron - front frame dug into back of thighs
Embody - mest was cool for all day sitting, gesture arm rest adjustments better, great support for entire body

For my next chair, I want to buy those mesh back ones for airflow cooling, but not sure how sturdy the arm rests are.

Back