What office chair do you use?

Not very comfortable, but it keeps people in line.

Iron_throne.jpg

Perhaps this is better suited for the videogame/computer forum, but after years of wanting a Herman Miller or Steelcase office chair, I managed to get an off lease one (Steelcase Leap v2) for $199 (Normally retails for $1200 Canadian, $2000 when it first came out).

While 90% of people don't care about what they sit on, if you sit a desk for a living, investing in a high quality chair is paramount.

The chair is ugly as sin, but is so damn comfortable. I was debating between this and the HM Aeron (which the store also had), but I ended up choosing the Steelcase for the sheer amount of adjustment/customization.

So Mayberry, what chair do you sit on?
0fcbc821c7d1456b75f8863f028017ce.jpg

Last edited:
If you are fussy about chairs, then recommending one that suits me, is unlikely to suit you. You should do your research, read these reviews here . What makes a good chair is that it should be adjustable to the height you require and lets you lean back into it when you need to. Hope this helps a little.

No bots here, nothing to see.

f-b-3.png

Core chair. It's not as comfortable as other chairs, but it's ergonomically designed so that you are actually using more of your muscles while sitting. Ie their is barely any back rest, so you have to keep your back straight up on it's own, instead of resting it on a rest. Plus the seat is very mobile which means yu have to use the muscles in your legs to keep it stabilized. Which is good, because just sitting stationary is terrible for you.

I think it also has a 10 year warranty, it costs about a grand.

Leyeahsoho chair is my suggestion. There is most likely someone selling office chair that was gently used at home or in an office setting, or someone locally rebuilds/refurbs them. I got mine locally from a guy that refurbs and then adds a 1 yr warranty for about $400. Yeah it is expensive, but it can be fixed with parts readily available online, it is sturdy (mine hasn't given me any problems for the 6 years I've had it) and it is comfortable to sit in for hours on end.

Herman Miller's Embody

literally the GOAT chair. Used it for 6 years now, never even a moment of complaint.

81R7iitgMIL._SX425_.jpg

embody-task-chair-herman-miller-1.jpg

embody-main-image_2.jpg

ergonomic-wobble-chair-active-sitting-stool-adjustable-height-dynamic-sitting-balance-chair-for-office-stand-up-desks-tall-swivel-stability-perch-for-standing-and-sitting-desks

I've had very little back problems since I got a chair like this. I work behind a counter though, not a desk, so I don't know how well this would work in office.

John Deere air ride in the equipment and Gramag air ride in the Pete's.

I use a gaming chair in my office, I like that it has pillows under the neck

f-b-3.png

Core chair. It's not as comfortable as other chairs, but it's ergonomically designed so that you are actually using more of your muscles while sitting. Ie their is barely any back rest, so you have to keep your back straight up on it's own, instead of resting it on a rest. Plus the seat is very mobile which means yu have to use the muscles in your legs to keep it stabilized. Which is good, because just sitting stationary is terrible for you.

I think it also has a 10 year warranty, it costs about a grand.
That looks pretty cool. I use a Hokki chair for the same reason. I've noticed my core, lower back especially, feels a lot stronger.

m_hokki-stool-20-inch-vs-america-3825-20.jpg

Hon Basyx for several years and recently noticed the fake leather is starting to crack in multiple places.

I am using an ergonomic office chair. I bought it from one website that sells furniture for offices. It is not very expensive and it is pretty comfortable. I use it in my office room at home, and there I work rarely, only when there is some emergency and I don't manage to finish my work in the main office, I can finish it at home. I like that I don't have back pain after some hours of work on it, and I don't feel tired after sitting on it, comparing to my old office chairs that weren't comfortable at all. This is why I decided to buy a new one.

Last edited:
Back