What MMA-related shirt gets most comments?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Aaron Howard, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Aaron Howard

Aaron Howard Guest

Just curious. I was going to post this in the General section, but I realized the majority of them don't actually fight.

Anyway, I have various grappling, TapOut, Judo shirts - but the shirt I have that gets me questions everytime I wear it is a Muay thai shirt with some thai lettering on it. I don't even practice kickboxing, so it sucks that everytime I wear it people want to ask me about training and whatnot.

So what MMA shirt do you wear that gets recognized the most?

2. TapDG

TapDG Guest

Brazilian Top Team..but only from true fans

3. triggertap79

triggertap79 Green Belt

Tapout from people seeing it on T.U.F.

4. RedAger

RedAger Amateur Fighter

Following the spaceship of Bethlehelm with Giorgio
    at the moment i dont have any mma clothing except my workout gear. when i get the money im getting a btt hoodie so ill say that

5. Guest

My Saku 39 shirt! People ask "Who's Saku? (what random people ask) or What's Saku 39, is that something you do with a Japanese chick? (what my friends say when they see the shirt) .

6. I-Shoji

I-Shoji Green Belt

I have a shirt that I designed with some tribal designs and the words "no holds barred" on the front. Then on the back it has a design with a guy mounting and GnPing another guy.

People are always commenting and looking at it, mainly because of the front tribal design I think.

7. jiujitsujayhawk

jiujitsujayhawk Yellow Belt

Every time I wear a full contact fighter shirt I get some dumbass guy that says, "You do the UFC shit like on TV. I bet I could be some of those guys."

8. Stoic1

Stoic1 Patriot

Never wear a martial arts, MMA, or fighter Tshirt in public.

It only invites questions from the stupidest people on the planet. You get the inevitable, Yeah I did Karate when I was a kid. Or perhaps the old standby, That's cool but a streetfighter beats a black belt every time. If you happen to run into the remotely educated you get the, Ohhhh Royce Gracie he's unbeatable! (pronounced with an R, not an H). These are conversations I want to avoid. After many, many hours I realize it is like trying to educate a brick.

On the off chance you run across a person of knowledge you usually recognize each other by cauliflour ears, scars on the eyebrow, bruised shins, twisted fingers and calloused knuckles. And when you do run across that person a simple knowing nod will suffice. You are both on a higher consciousness than these knuckledraggers who think they can jump spinning back kick groups of knife weilding attackers and no words are really neccessary. You can go about your daily routine in anonymity knowing you are head and shoulders above the masses of ignorant child-prodigy TKD black belts, UFC fanboys, and the like. No Tshirt is neccessary.

9. Foolkiller

Foolkiller You have meddled with the primal forces of nature!

Part of the only one holistic system of systems
    I don't wear blatant T shirts like the "you should have tapped" ones. I do have a "submitonline.com" "clothing for the above average badass" T I sometimes wear during training or working out but I don't really want to invite any trouble.

I do have some people ask "What label is nogi? Who makes that?" I replied "Chris Brennan" before and someone said "Is that like Paul Smith or Ted Baker or summin'?" to which I said "Yes. Exactly like that."

Sometimes it's fun to be a sly asshole.

In regards to Stoic1's comment, I do agree as I recognised someone on the plane back from Spain the other day from a slight cauli on one ear and a scar above his eyebrow. I couldn't place him but I just sort of recognised him as a possible fighter. I think sometimes there is that sense of just recognising fellow competitors from physical traits.

10. Big Red

Big Red Green Belt

That honestly summarizes the public who either know or don't know much about MMA. I haven't been training long at all and all I get here and there are scratches from sparring, I work part time at a supermarket and sometimes people ask about them. You try to conversate and add all the answers to the questions you think you'll hear before they can predictably say them,

-"I do BJJ. Its a martial art that is popular in mixed martial arts, like cage fighting etc.."

the most annoy replies I've had is ;

"Brazilians aren't fighters, they should stick to football"

"sounds like wrestling. u better than hulk hogan?"

"Yeh I've done something similar... kicboxing."

"I know a Brazilian bloke."

There are probably more dumb replies I forget. I don't mind people asking about it, but negative answers kind of bother me. I'm not a great fan of football but I appreciate and try to conversate as positively I can if someones talking to me about it.

11. Big Red

Big Red Green Belt

To answer the question, its why i tend to avoid where clothing to do with MMa. I would like to, show and advertise the sport but you are inviting annoyance. An example was on the PC, I looked at a TapOut shirt I liked, my friend quickly asked..

"is that a WWE shirt?"

12. Foolkiller

Foolkiller You have meddled with the primal forces of nature!

Part of the only one holistic system of systems
    Kurt Angle had a few T shirts with "I'll make you tap out" and other such shit on them, you're acquaintance probably thought it was one of them.

13. Big Red

Big Red Green Belt

Most likely. It doesn't matter, I just put my DX shirt and told him I got two words for him. He knew his role.

(ahhh lines from the days wrestling was good)

14. RedAger

RedAger Amateur Fighter

Following the spaceship of Bethlehelm with Giorgio
    lol ya i miss those days

15. sakufan

sakufan Purple Belt

16. The Sickness

The Sickness Ichizoku

Ridin' shotgun with Alexander Karelin in Fedor's b
    This thread certaintly changed along the way huh?

17. migo**

migo** Guest

I've seen some guy that obviously doesn't fight wearing a Tapout shirt, I think the only one I'd wear is the Gameness Circle one.

18. Car RamRod-4

Car RamRod-4 Green Belt

Yeah i am not tring to offend anyone here, but most of the time if i see someone in a TapOut shirt or something like that, they are usually tools, they are wearing these shirts to get attention and you can tell by the looks on some of these guys faces that when they put on this shirt and head out to the bar they are the badest Mofo on the planet, again not tring to offend, just what i have personally noticed.

19. Car RamRod-4

Car RamRod-4 Green Belt

I would wear something like that to workout in or run in but not to a bar man, comeon.

20. PhenøM

PhenøM MMA Gear Aficionado

I wear a Pink belly shirt that says Bad Mother Fucker. Gets some wild looks.