What MMA-related shirt gets most comments?

What's up with the Kurt Angle hating? He is an Olympic Gold Medalist and definitely would make a oustanding MMAer if he so chose to earn alot less money.

To answer the original question: It's probably the original Fokai shirt (black with yellow logo). Alot of people in Hawai'i recognize it as well as anyone who has been to Guam. Random people come up to me upon seeing it and ask me if I am from Guam as they remember it from having been stationed there.

On a sidenote: I don't support TapOut and would never purchase a single product from them being that they felt the need to take their classlessness to a new level by running the national print ad that depicted roaches taking advantage of a passed out female with empty alcohol bottles and ruffies being their apparent choice of rape tool. What do roaches or rape have to do with MMA is something that must be asked to the fine executives of TapOut.

E

On a sidenote: I don't support TapOut and would never purchase a single product from them being that they felt the need to take their classlessness to a new level by running the national print ad that depicted roaches taking advantage of a passed out female with empty alcohol bottles and ruffies being their apparent choice of rape tool. What do roaches or rape have to do with MMA is something that must be asked to the fine executives of TapOut.
Holy cow. Are you serious? Where did this ad run? If that's the way Tapout rolls I'm not inclined to support them either.

The shirt I get the most comments on is a shirt that says "I have a Black Belt in Pha-Qu". Even the guys who do TMA get a kick out of that one. Maybe I'll post a pic.

I've been rocking some Certified Fighter gear lately and getting a few comments, but that stuff isn't even officially out yet so most people have probably never seen it.

I like MMA shirts that are either plain and simple, or worded funny, for example, the KTFO shirt with a stick man in a sling sayin WARNING Armlock ahead. I think thats quite clever without putting the message out that ure a "Bad Mofo" lol.

thedon_1 said:
CHawkins where you get that t shirt from?
The "Pha-Qu" shirt? Made it myself. I do the occassional t-shirt for my friends and I, we just go in on the order together.

I wear a lot of Cobbtwent8 stuff. It's very low key and is cool looking. I also wear Sprawl stuff simply because they are the best company in mma.

I almost bought a shirt that said "I have a black belt in the kama sutra".

CHawkins said:
Holy cow. Are you serious? Where did this ad run? If that's the way Tapout rolls I'm not inclined to support them either.

As serious as Herpes. Grappling magazine to name at least one international publication. I do not and will never support TapOut in any way, shape or form.

And I think Don was talking about the Certified Fighter.

On another sidenote: KTFO has been mentioned at least once here. Delta will never wear or purchase anything from Craig Fields' company either. My reasons are a tad different from the TapOut situation but along the same lines. KTFO advertises itself to be by fighters for fighters but "C-$" or whatever Mr. Fields is calling himself nowadays is anything but a fighter. And bouncing a check on a professional fighter and later being caught doctoring financial documents in an apparent ruse to discredit said fighter is not being "for fighters" imo. Craig's actions to cover his tracks (which included posting under a various alt accounts as well as having cronies post as being neutral) is as unprofessional as it gets without trying to depict date-raping roaches as MMA fighters.

E

A lot of people ask about my Wand shirt.

"Is 'Wand' a brand name?"

I always get a lot of attention from my Cro Cop shirt. I had one guy notice my shirt, point at it and say "Cro-cop!" Then kept walking.. Sometimes people ask if I'm Russian because they see the words "Zvonimir"

Everyone seems to like my Jason Mayhem Miller shirt

And I think Don was talking about the Certified Fighter.
Oh! heh, most people ask about the "Pha-Qu" shirt.

Certified Fighter is an interesting little story.

A buddy of mine who trains jiu-jitsu was looking to go launch an MMA career. I offered to sponsor him, but it seemed weird to have a software company sponsoring a fighter - it's good to support the sport and all, but you sponsor people in the hopes that your business will prosper too. I do custom-built business software systems for mid-size to Fortune 500 firms. No MMA fans are going to become customers of my company.

But, I wanted to help somehow, so we came up with a different plan.

My buddy & I came up with the idea of partnering to launch a new line of MMA-themed athletic wear instead, and use him as the poster-boy. We decided to do designs that are more collegiate than urban - the fight wear market is filled to overflowing with gritty, urban stuff. Of course, the prototype shirt that gets the most comment is the most urban-looking one, so that "collegiate & respectable" bit might go out the window by the time we launch. :D

Anyway, my buddy's wife got pregnant shortly after that, which led him to re-think his career plans. He decided to just focus on his day job instead of trying to launch a fight career. But, we were both so excited about the idea of doing the athletic wear that we decided to do it anyway!

I've been wearing the prototype shirts around as we prepare to launch. We're not looking to rush anything, we'll launch when we think we're prepared to do a good job of it and put out some quality gear. There's no schedule right now.

So, that's my Certified Fighter story! Sorry for writing a novel, I just don't know how to tell the story any other way. :D

edit: spelling

Stoic1 said:
Never wear a martial arts, MMA, or fighter Tshirt in public.

It only invites questions from the stupidest people on the planet. You get the inevitable, Yeah I did Karate when I was a kid. Or perhaps the old standby, That's cool but a streetfighter beats a black belt every time. If you happen to run into the remotely educated you get the, Ohhhh Royce Gracie he's unbeatable! (pronounced with an R, not an H). These are conversations I want to avoid. After many, many hours I realize it is like trying to educate a brick.

On the off chance you run across a person of knowledge you usually recognize each other by cauliflour ears, scars on the eyebrow, bruised shins, twisted fingers and calloused knuckles. And when you do run across that person a simple knowing nod will suffice. You are both on a higher consciousness than these knuckledraggers who think they can jump spinning back kick groups of knife weilding attackers and no words are really neccessary. You can go about your daily routine in anonymity knowing you are head and shoulders above the masses of ignorant child-prodigy TKD black belts, UFC fanboys, and the like. No Tshirt is neccessary.

Wow..that was some deep thought about a t-shirt!

CHawk, let us know when your line launches. Delta's curiousity is peaked right now (I'd like to see a pic), but I would remember your story if I ever saw a thread announcing you guys' launch.

E

DeltaSigChi4 said:
CHawk, let us know when your line launches. Delta's curiousity is peaked right now (I'd like to see a pic), but I would remember your story if I ever saw a thread announcing you guys' launch.

E
Deal. I might even send a freebie for you to review. :D

CHawkins said:
Certified Fighter is an interesting little story.
edit: spelling

I'm 0-2 as an amateur fighter and I'm working on my MCDBA, so I guess I could be a Certified Fighter.

Let us know when the line launches. I'd definitely by some. Good Luck!

I usually don't wear my MMA shirts unless I'm around friends or at work. I bought a shirt that said CCCP on the front of it (I needed a black shirt for the night and it was on clearance at Target) and caught some heat from a guy while I was out, but I handled it real smooth and the chick that I was with liked the fact that I didn't have to take the clown down to get my point across.

I haven't worn the shirt since that night though. It's not worth the hassle from strangers and I wouldn't want to offend any of my friends, so I just wear it to shows at clubs and what not.

sir037 said:
I'm 0-2 as an amateur fighter and I'm working on my MCDBA, so I guess I could be a Certified Fighter.
I guess you could! Oddly enough, my buddy is MCDBA and I'm studying for MCSD.

DeltaSigChi4 said:
Sweet! Delta is a regular Fozzy now! :cool:

CCCP?

E

CCCP - is a USSR in russian.
A russian designer made a nostalgy collection with CCCP T-shirts and it became popular in Europe and then this was spread to the world.

Back