What makes them think Jones would "have a hard time" at HW?

Neither guy has the mass for HW.

Being the same length as HWs doesn't mean you're as big as them

Yes, those guys hit hard and can end someone's night in an instant.
Every time you've seen Jones get tagged... now imagine that it was JDS/Cain/Hunt/Roy/Werdum instead.
I think Werdum would actually be the worst possible matchup for Jones.

Because the moment he faced someone who matched him in strength and reach he got mauled. JDS and Cain are wayyyyyyyyy stronger than Alex and would fuck Jones up.

8QbmEoV.gif

UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd1-Slomo-3-400-sg.gif

I think he would do good in the division, but not as well as he's doing at LHW. Cain beats him 10/10 times. JDS would also give him trouble. Not as much as Cain, but trouble nonetheless.

barnetts pretty slow, i think he would have a hard time. hes big, but hes not the wreslter jones is to make his biggness count.

DC is 50/50 in my eyes

werdum doesnt have the standup or wrestling to win

overeem is a spent fighter, he doesnt have what it takes to go rd 2

Ohh I forgot that jones is really super fast and Barnett is too slow for him. GTFO with being too slow for Jones. As I've said for many years he finally fought someone his own size and isn't the big bully fighting natural MWs. Jones has quick moves like spinning elbows and kicks but has very slow footwork as he plots forward in every fight. His striking skills are slow and he always gasses past the 3rd round. He shuts down when he gets punched in the face and most HWs would start by punching him in the face. Also if he fought at HW he would weight like 20 lbs more and even be slower

Ohh I forgot that jones is really super fast and Barnett is too slow for him. GTFO with being too slow for Jones. As I've said for many years he finally fought someone his own size and isn't the big bully fighting natural MWs. Jones has quick moves like spinning elbows and kicks but has very slow footwork as he plots forward in every fight. His striking skills are slow and he always gasses past the 3rd round. He shuts down when he gets punched in the face and most HWs would start by punching him in the face. Also if he fought at HW he would weight like 20 lbs more and even be slower

he would be much faster than barnett

i guess you didnt have any problems with the other proposed matchups, so i guess you agree with me

No, this shows you are biased.

Cain's flopping wouldn't work vs. Jones.

JDS has the skills, but not cardio for a long haul. A 50/50 fight.

Cormier is too short. He'd be on the outside all night like Rashad.

Don't make me laugh with the rest of that atrocious list.

like he was on the outside vs all those hw's who were all 6'4 and much larger than jones? wth? Cormier is not scared to close the distance on someone he can takedown in the clinch and who doesn't have hw ko power. You are judging everything based on height like people under 6'4 should never fight at hw...... Cormier has been fighting taller guys forever bc not many hws are as short as him

Last edited:
JDS will finish him in the first. Cain will torture him for 3 rounds before his corner throws the towel. Barnett, Mir and the rest of the crowd will maul him due to size and power. Basically, he has no chance to make it to the championship!

I noticed Jones is athletic but his boxing is awkward and weak comparing to his size.

he would be much faster than barnett

i guess you didnt have any problems with the other proposed matchups, so i guess you agree with me

I agree with DC. I think most top 10 HWs would beat jones by KO TKO. Jones does not impress me in a weak LHW division. Size only gets him so far.

He is Gusty but with knockout power.

Where did the myth of Gus not having power come from?
Sure, he is not JDS, but the guy has an 80% finishing ratio (and even the submissions started thanks to knockdowns or hurting the other guy).
Not only that but out of his 3 fights that went to decision he hurt Thiago and Shogun pretty bad (both guys with great chins), he didn't hurt Jones as bad because he wasn't overcommitting to his shots and because Jones defense is really good.

It might have something to do with the fact he got his ass kicked standing against the first guy his size, and also had his supposedly godlike wrestling and ground game completely neutralized. Gus also showed himself physically stronger than Jones, even while allegedly gassed/hurt, effortlessly standing up from a Jones TD in about 5 seconds in round 5 and stuffing Jones twice after the spinning elbow in round 4.

Jones would get trashed by guys like Cain, JDS, Barnett, Werdum, DC, and Overeem. He would likely not even be a top 5 at HW in the UFC.

He'll continue to campaign at 205 as long as possible, all while hoping Gus dies in a skiing accident in Sweden in the meantime.

This is the answer you seek, TS.

Seeing Jones fight some one his own size, be unable to take him down, get taken down himself, and arguably lose the fight is a pretty clear indicator that he'd have trouble fighting guys larger than him who hit a lot harder than Gus.

Seeing Jones fight some one his own size, be unable to take him down, get taken down himself, and arguably lose the fight is a pretty clear indicator that he'd have trouble fighting guys larger than him who hit a lot harder than Gus.

This

He would lose to Cain, JDS, Reem, Werdum, Mir, Cormier, Barnett, Browne, Bigfoot. I would say Hunt but I've seen a MW take him down & sub him in 1 round so IDK.

Even before he fought Gustafsson, I thought Jones would have a hard time at HW. My opinion hasn't changed then, and it sure as hell hasn't changed now.

Not reading whole thread to know that whatever point TS is making are retarded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back