What job would you be terrible at?

I just think you care too much about what other people think about you and in my experience that's not healthy.
In my experience you should stop worrying about me apparently worrying about what people think of me. Because that isn't healthy.

See how this works?

In my experience you should stop worrying about me apparently worrying about what people think of me. Because that isn't healthy.

See how this works?

I'm not worrying about it. I made an observation, told you what I thought and you can choose to care about it or not.

If you're not interested in my opinion then disregard it and move on, no skin off my nose.

I'm not worrying about it. I made an observation, told you what I thought and you can choose to care about it or not.

If you're not interested in my opinion then disregard it and move on, no skin off my nose.
Phew. @Alphaboy and I were beside ourselves.
We will, under your tutelage try to rebuild our relationship. And report back in due course.

@Alphaboy So say us?

Last edited:
My wife has previously worked in both childcare and aged care. Takes very fucking special people to do that kind of work and I'm certainly not one of those.
My step dad even being in the same house with him looking after my mum with the elderly end, I don't know how he managed it. Just being there for 3 months and getting her in and out of the bath when she got wedged in...he's a saint. Your wife is a flippin saint.

My step dad even being in the same house with him looking after my mum with the elderly end, I don't know how he managed it. Just being there for 3 months and getting her in and out of the bath when she got wedged in...he's a saint. Your wife is a flippin saint.
She's amazing but it broke her in the end. Shit pay to look after people dying isn't a good deal. Anyone who does it deserves so much respect

Were there any skills that you cultivated or developed from working in sales? I’m assuming you got good at reading people (emotional intelligence) and knowing when to say the right words at the right time.

It forced me to become a good listener, as you have to really hear what someone is saying and then reply to it, as opposed to just waiting for my turn to speak

She's amazing but it broke her in the end. Shit pay to look after people dying isn't a good deal. Anyone who does it deserves so much respect
If husband's time comes before mine I will do it because it's what you sign up for when you love someone but multiple people multiple times a day. Give her a kiss on the forehead from some random chick on the web. After my mum went I got to meet the woman who looked after her, she was such a lovely lady she came into work on her day off so I could have a cuppa with her. Didn't ask obviously but she was such a crutch for my step dad and thought the world of my mum so I had a wee bit of peace that she was in good hands.

Anything involving sales.

Finish work.

I can do all the gross-motor-skills stuff: demo, framing, hanging drywall, installing windows and doors, etc.

But I hate caulking, mudding, painting, and don't have the patience to make things look really good for finished product.

piece of shit blm or antifa activist. i need to shower. i get up early and make the bed. take care of my own house rather than bitch at others what they need to do differently. cant be a disgusting crusty piece of shit retard moron. id be terrible at that parasite profession.

My ADHD ass always tries to avoid jobs where a mundane error, small slip up can hurt or kill someone. My brother works with trains and has told me stories of close calls just because people weren't paying attention, lost focus for a second, etc. I need a job that if I fuck up, at least we all still go home.

Seeing sales come up often. I found it can be really tough when you aren't invested in what you're selling, but a lot easier when you are. I had a few sales jobs when I was younger that I failed miserably at, but when I briefly worked at my local gym, had no problems selling people on memberships.

The only job I was bad at was selling reverse mortgages for City Bank. I felt so bad doing it that I wound up talking people out of doing it more than I did sell any.

Agreed. The most criticized position in the US. A bunch of daily briefings, speeches that you didn’t write, and itinerary that is always changing. No days off because things written into law require your attention.

Back