What is your ethnic background?

Nope, I’m full Mescalero Apache.

At least that’s what my tribal ID tells me
What is the Bad Ass scale for natives? I always thought Apache,Comanche, Sioux and Mohawk were the cool ones.

La Bamba always plays the cool Natives. I love him as Henry Standing Bear in Longmire!
Ta-Ta Lou,

He’s a good guy, even with his recent dui.

I got the chance to meet him when I was a little dude a few months after La Bamba came out.

My mother was a director at IAIA the Institute of American Indian Arts up in Santa Fe. And Lou happened to be booked to give a speech to the students.

I remember sitting there playing in her office and she said, hey I have somebody I want you to meet. In walks Lou Fucking Diamond Phillips! That was the first time I can ever remember being awestruck.

Came in the office said hey buddy and shook my hand, “I heard you liked La Bamba?”. At the time he was tall and way skinnier then in the movie, I’m not even sure what I said anymore but it went something like I DID! I DID!

Lou ended up taking my mom and me out to lunch at some restaurant by her office where they sat there and went over his speech and her explaining the campus history to him.

At the end of lunch he shook my hand again and gave some words of encouragement to my little ass and gave my mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek, said thank you and went on his way.

I fucking swear to god I thought my new step dad was going to be Lou After I saw him kiss my mom on the cheek.

Good times.

I did one of those 23 and me things last year.

73% German confirmed
27% a whole bunch of other white countries. Can’t remember all of them.

So yeah most of my lineage is from great great grandpa Schmidt. Saw the Nazi uprising in early 1930s and said “screeeew this”!. Found a way to leave Germany and immigrate legally into America.

Back