What is your best GSP memory?

Meeting him at Wizard World Philadelphia

Round 5 against Hendricks. While Johny coasted, GSP manned up and gave his all, won the fight and "retired" on a high note.
That round lost Hendricks the fight, the round ended with GSP going for a submission.

The end of the 5th round is rarely discussed, in the end GSP showed up for it while Johnny coasted.

Its interesting to look at this,given the Hunt/Lesnar situation:

The former champ said that he was very angry that the UFC did not, at the time, support his efforts to ramp up anti-doping testing, a subject on which he was very vocal in the leadup to the Hendricks fight.

"I'm not going to tell you exactly what was said," St-Pierre said. "But I was very pissed off and I used a lot of F words. ... I was very angry, they did not support me because of the testing issues for the doping, they did not support me for the anti-doping. And I told them, why they didn't support for this, and I didn't understand it. I said ‘you guys need to wake up, because a lot of people are cheating, and stuff, and it's a freaking joke. You guys are kind of protecting these guys, and it shouldn't be like that.' I was very angry."

The UFC has since brought on USADA to implement an anti-doping policy. But St-Pierre believes the company knew back in 2013 that fighters were gaming the system, and implied they turned a blind eye.

"Now that I look back, I know that they knew," GSP said. "I'm not stupid, I know it's business, you spend a million dollars promoting the fight, so they lose a lot of money. it's not in their best interest to make the drug test the best possible, because they lose money if the fight gets cancelled. So I told them it might take a year, you're going to lose money for a year because a lot of your main stars, a lot of your guys, will fall and test positive, they might hurt the image of the sport. But after a year, it will put back everything straight."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/...famous-meeting-with-ufc-brass-i-used-a-lot-of
It's a shame that this post will fall on deaf ears.

Matt Serra, boring, grease , ROBBERY derpa derp.

The third fight with Matt Hughes. I was nervous for that one and then GSP tools the life out of Hughes. Beautiful destruction.

gsp_facedamage_mmafighting.jpg

The third fight with Matt Hughes. I was nervous for that one and then GSP tools the life out of Hughes. Beautiful destruction.
It was karma for Hughes (and Sherk, who got his via getting busted for steroids) laughing it up in the crowd when Serra beat him.

Seeing him knock Fitch senseless was pretty great. I'm not sure what happened to his right hand after that fight, cause he looked like an absolute savage there.
That throw Georges hit Hughes with was beautiful.

With all the talk of aliens, time-lapses and anxiety I don't think GSP will ever come back. Which is probably for the best - for himself.

So let's just enjoy all the good memories.

What is your best GSP memory?

WHen GSP got on his knees and begged for the title shot

There was a point in the Diaz fight (I think in the third round) where Nick stepped back, and the look on his face was resignation that he had no answer for GSPs standup. At that moment he really wanted out. GSP broke him.

Too many memories to choose from but one single moment is important to me, sometimes in MMA a moment can make all the difference in your career.

When GSP faced Koscheck after his loss to Serra, they were 1-1 in the 3rd according to 2 out of 3 judges, Kos took Georges' leg and held it for nearly half a minute before giving everything he had to take St-Pierre down, and GSP's sprawl was a thing of beauty, stepping on one leg across half of the octagon and he ended on top, pounding his way to a 30-27, 29-28, 29-28 decision win.

In hindsight, if he didn't stop Koscheck's TD he could very well have lost this fight, which would have been a 2nd defeat in a row and taking him out of contention.

EDIT: Found the gif

gsp1.gif

Different angle:

gsp2.gif

Last edited:
Too many memories to choose from but one single moment is important to me, sometimes in MMA a moment can make all the difference in your career.

When GSP faced Koscheck after his loss to Serra, they were 1-1 in the 3rd according to 2 out of 3 judges, Kos took Georges' leg and held it for nearly half a minute before giving everything he had to take St-Pierre down, and GSP's sprawl was a thing of beauty, stepping on one leg across more than half of the octagon and he ended on top, pounding his way to a 30-27, 29-28, 29-28 decision win.

In hindsight, if he didn't stop Koscheck TD he could very well have lost this fight, which would have been a 2nd defeat in a row and taking him out of contention.

that fight was a big deal at the time because kos wrestling ability was seen as something that could be a threat and a factor going into the 2nd fight.

As a GSP fan, I love this pic. Haters have been saying for years that Georges' chin is suspect, that his heart is questionable and so on. In his last fights he took lots of damage but he didn't fold, his face is a testament of how tough he is. Keyboard warriors can talk much but not Georges, he answers with his fists in the octagon.
I know, right? Haters use this to try and disparage Georges, but it actually works counter to their claims. Hahahah! Suck it, haters!

1st place) 2nd Hughes fight when he won the title. Had the PPV at my place and had a bunch of friends over. We were all HUGE GSP fans....leave me alone I'm Canadian, and we all lost our shit when he put Hughes away.

2nd place) His fight against Fitch. Just such a beatdown.

Honorable mention) Busting the ever loving crap out of Koscheck's face.

I CANNOT BELIEVE HE DISRESPECT ME LIKE THIS
I WILL FIGHT HIM AGAIN AND I WILL WEAR A RASH GUARD

When GSP faced Koscheck after his loss to Serra, they were 1-1 in the 3rd according to 2 out of 3 judges, Kos took Georges' leg and held it for nearly half a minute before giving everything he had to take St-Pierre down, and GSP's sprawl was a thing of beauty, stepping on one leg across half of the octagon and he ended on top, pounding his way to a 30-27, 29-28, 29-28 decision win.

In hindsight, if he didn't stop Koscheck's TD he could very well have lost this fight, which would have been a 2nd defeat in a row and taking him out of contention.

gsp1.gif

Different angle:

gsp2.gif
Masterful. People forget how good Kos's wrestling pedigree was (like most wrestlers that get knockouts they barely use it) and for GSP to do that was amazing.

Kos gave it his all to get that takedown and gave up when he couldn't

gsp1.gif

Different angle:

gsp2.gif
Yeah, thing of beauty. He squirmed like a cat!
This thread needs more gifs!

Also with the 3rd Hughes fight, to me it was GSP stomping his foot down and saying he's here to dominate. And that's what he did. People can say he was boring and all that, but I was always entertained watching GSP fight.

gsp1.gif

Different angle:

gsp2.gif

people claiming he was boring try to make us forget about such beauty

Back