What is the Ultimate Martial Arts?

It's crazy. I know a few people that have been practicing it for many years. They aren't that bad but I stopped trying to have a discussion about it a long time ago.
One of my friends is an aikido instructor. He never tries to claim its the best style,he just likes it. I just cant get into what I hear about it. It goes against everything i learned in my martial arts studies which is sparring in your face wrestling,bending limbs and choking fuckers.

To them it seems like more a ritual and philosophy than a martial art

this is where ninjutsu must be reintroduced as the central topic on this forum.

I genuinely want to know what's going through the minds of the people sitting there.
I guess they just have ideal of that it should work IRL if "we are as good as sensei seagal" or some shit. Seriously tho,who the fuck is gonna let you trap your arm,with one arm,and you just gonna go along with it ahahahaha

Like you know that guy can punch you in the face,or stab you or bite you or headbutt you etc?

KfVSbM7.gif

this is where ninjutsu must be reintroduced as the central topic on this forum.

aaaand in the blue corner....from Satsuma province...

tumblr_mpc96dfcqJ1qedb29o2_500.gif

This is from a movie,its not real.

Anyone following MMA knows Capoeira can work if used in the right way. Obviously its not a base style or anything,but you can catch people off guard with it.

SmoothThickDaddylonglegs-size_restricted.gif

3We5.gif

they refer to the real GOATS on here as 'unknown fighter'

beware

they refer to the real GOATS on here as 'unknown fighter'

beware
Yeah

"my boy jimmy trains in sang dong...all those techniques are for killing,not sport,so he could never be allowed in ufc"

tenor.gif

he enter and leave through close cage door like water

Sumo>>Wrestling
Sumo is an awesome martial art.

You ever see that normal sized Czech dude tangling with the big boys. It takes a great degree of skill to do what these guys do.

aaaand in the blue corner....from Satsuma province...

tumblr_mpc96dfcqJ1qedb29o2_500.gif
well Katana or pistols is the ultimate martial art,destroys boxing, wrestling, sumo, karate, jiu jitsu and any martial art.

Sumo is an awesome martial art.

You ever see that normal sized Czech dude tangling with the big boys. It takes a great degree of skill to do what these guys do.

Lol, Takanoyama was never a top sumo. He never won vs the very good ones.

Lol, Takanoyama was never a top sumo. He never won vs the very good ones.
lol i didnt say he was a top sumo
lol its still impressive to see him move guys twice as heavy as him
lol

Remember UFC 1 they were all doing intros to their specific styles, and there was the muay thai guy with the elbows, the big judo dude or whatever, and then there was weirdo in a hat? Like he didn't do anything really, but I remember he ended his segment in this sort of prayer that made you think oh this Rico Suave dude might just go all the way and accidentally on purpose kill someone in the octagon. Anyway what was the question again?

if someone was worth a shit at all 4 they would be scary. wand only had 2 on the list and was an animal.
My order of priority I could start with a fighter like Anderson Silva (top Muay Thai, good BJJ, good boxing) and then improve Judo. Or Charles do Bronx (top BJJ, good Muay Thai, average Judo) and then improve Judo to good and Boxing to good.

To me, aggressive Muay Thai and BJJ, good boxing to throw hands with quality and improve movement and good Judo, more defensive than offensive, to frustrate wrestlers with ease and take people down in the clinch... And then a superman is born. Lol.

Last edited:
One of my friends is an aikido instructor. He never tries to claim its the best style,he just likes it. I just cant get into what I hear about it. It goes against everything i learned in my martial arts studies which is sparring in your face wrestling,bending limbs and choking fuckers.

To them it seems like more a ritual and philosophy than a martial art

Yeah I agree but the line gets blurred in weird ways. There's a lot of stuff they believe will be effective...it's just bizarre to spend so much time practicing it but I'm sure it helps build confidence etc.

Yeah I agree but the line gets blurred in weird ways. There's a lot of stuff they believe will be effective...it's just bizarre to spend so much time practicing it but I'm sure it helps build confidence etc.
Well not ALL of it is bullshit. Some of that stuff does work (and seen in other martial arts) ,but they dont seem to train with any resistance,so how they expect to apply that in a real live situation,is beyond me

Back