What is the Ultimate Martial Arts?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Have we seen the peak evolution of martial arts or could this art form be taken to a whole new level?

What is the best combination of styles for a solid base for aspiring MMA fighters that look for longevity?

It seems like the nature of MMA is so detrimental to a well abled body and yet the act of martial arts is to become strong and not injured. I always was curios to know what is the true ultimate martial arts that allows MMA fighters to be at the very top of the pinnacle of mastery?

I ask because Colby is the top contender because of his youth, drive, determination but his skillset doesn't seem to be that of a person who is considered a new wave of martial arts.

Sumo and wing chun

edit: I said this as a joke but that would actually be a solid combo.

Have we seen the peak evolution of martial arts or could this art form be taken to a whole new level?

What is the best combination of styles for a solid base for aspiring MMA fighters that look for longevity?

It seems like the nature of MMA is so detrimental to a well abled body and yet the act of martial arts is to become strong and not injured. I always was curios to know what is the true ultimate martial arts that allows MMA fighters to be at the very top of the pinnacle of mastery?

I ask because Colby is the top contender because of his youth, drive, determination but his skillset doesn't seem to be that of a person who is considered a new wave of martial arts.
His youth? Lol the dude is 32 years old.

The perfect fighter is tall, rangy, has elite wrestling and overall grappling and powerful and accurate striking.
tumblr_o0r55b0Ovo1v4hf8no1_500.gif

Ugh a coworker found out I do bjj and he started telling me about his aikido instructor taking out 30 guys at one time. I just gave him the “dang that’s wild” response.

It's crazy. I know a few people that have been practicing it for many years. They aren't that bad but I stopped trying to have a discussion about it a long time ago.

lol like i undersand misderection,but doing it with one arm,no one is going to let you just do that to them like that lol

I genuinely want to know what's going through the minds of the people sitting there.

Back